More from the gear closet

Item for sale:

Winter is upon us! Marmot synthetic hooded belay parka, Mens Large, used 2 seasons. This thing is super warm and doesn't care much about getting damp. Big handwarmer pockets, 2 Napoleon pockets and 3 big inside pockets. Color is black, no tears anywhere. 75.00 shipped lower 48.

Images
    that is tempting. you looked like you were about my size when we met, is it big on you?

Hey Brandon,

I bought it big enough to use belay parka style, in other words, loose enought to layer on top of everything else I might be wearing including shell gear. It's great that way for drying out your layers during the day, the synthetic can take it and the black color allows it to dry fast when you can grab a bit of sun. To me, it is nice to have it a bit roomy even though in theory a smaller space heats faster. I like the extra coverage over my butt, using it as an inner quilt inside my bag on cold nights, and just being able to hunker down inside after eating dinner and hanging around a cold camp. So yes, it's a roomy fit because that's how I like to use that type of garment.

Christian

Images
    ok, thanks for the quick reply. i'm still thinking about it. do i really need a synthetic jacket? maybe.

• + New Posts