Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lynx winter UQ

Images

Lynx winter UQ

we now have the full-length winter Lynx UQ in stock (0 deg, 23.5oz)

should have the winter torso version online in a few more days

Now you tell me, I just ordered the RR yesterday. I just sent an email regarding combining shipping.
    Thanks.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    winter lynx

down distribution in full length winter lynx

I am using a 3/4 JRB greylock on my new ridgerunner. It works well but I want
    a full length winter lynx and would like to know if there is equal down distribution
    or if more down is in the torso area than the foot area?

I don't really need as much for my feet as I do for my torso but I like the full length for looks and fit on the RR. Could one be made with less down in foot area and more in torso area?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Brandon brought several of these Winter Lynx UQ's to the CO Winter Hang last weekend, and let some people borrow them to use - including MrsMustardman. The next morning, we bought it from him.

The ridgerunner/lynx combination is, in my opinion, the most perfectly designed, no-hassle hammock insulation system ever devised. It uses just enough down and fabric to cover all the parts of your body that need to be warm, it fits with no adjustments or fiddling necessary, and it is dang toasty.

Some people might say the thing that really sells the Ridgerunner is the comfort, or the view, or the absurd spaciousness of the bug netting, but I actually think one of the greatest selling points is how perfectly this quilt fits, allowing you to spend less time and hassle setting up your insulation, and more time cocooned in down.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Brandon brought several of these Winter Lynx UQ's to the CO Winter Hang last weekend, and let some people borrow them to use - including MrsMustardman. The next morning, we bought it from him.

The ridgerunner/lynx combination is, in my opinion, the most perfectly designed, no-hassle hammock insulation system ever devised. It uses just enough down and fabric to cover all the parts of your body that need to be warm, it fits with no adjustments or fiddling necessary, and it is dang toasty.

Some people might say the thing that really sells the Ridgerunner is the comfort, or the view, or the absurd spaciousness of the bug netting, but I actually think one of the greatest selling points is how perfectly this quilt fits, allowing you to spend less time and hassle setting up your insulation, and more time cocooned in down.
    +1! Just spent a couple nights on a trip out of town, and was feeling next to dead from sleeping in an overly soft hotel bed. Got home last night, threw up the RR and lynx in a couple of minutes, jumped in a sleeping bag and woke up at 9:00am this morning. Got down close to 30deg last night, but I was warm all night and slept like the dead. I love the way this hammock sets up, no fooling around, just sling up the adjustable webbing, flip it over, snap on the 4 biners for the quilt and go to bed!

Cheers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by senecio-joe View Post
    I am using a 3/4 JRB greylock on my new ridgerunner. It works well but I want
    a full length winter lynx and would like to know if there is equal down distribution
    or if more down is in the torso area than the foot area?

I don't really need as much for my feet as I do for my torso but I like the full length for looks and fit on the RR. Could one be made with less down in foot area and more in torso area?
    the baffles run head to toe, so you can push more down toward the head end if you like.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    winter lynx

lynx fit with out full spreader bar

I have been using my WBRR with out the 4 in extension piece and it works great for me.
    but I wonder if I will need it in place to avoid an air gap when using the lynx or is there some way to draw the end up some to make it a tight fit?

Images
    no need to do anything, it fits just as well either way. the length of the end of the hammock is the same regardless so fit is not effected

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I can confirm this through experience - we basically never use the 4" extension in our RR, and the lynx fits perfectly.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    winter lynx

my order is in

With the quick and informative answers I got from Brandon and others it was an easy decision.

Placed my order today for winter Lynx.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast