Quote Originally Posted by kineo View Post
My family is looking at kayaking the Allagash this summer and I was wondering if at most of the sites there are enough places to have at least 4 hammocks hanging?
We are going with my brother who has done the trip three times, but he doesn't hang so I know he wouldn't be looking at trees in the same way.
Thank you.
I'd have to say most of the sites weren't a problem but I'd recommend having a backup plan like I did unless your dead set on all 4 every night in hammocks. I think it's also going to depend on how flexible you are with when and where you stop.
I did have one site, I believe it was the Ledges that I stayed in my brothers tent. I could have hung far back in the woods but decided one night wouldn't kill me. I will add that if I had hung on the game trail where there were easy trees I might have been trampled by a moose later that night. Just be careful where you setup (no game trails) and if your willing to go inland a little on some of the sites you should be able to do 4 hammocks.

I have plenty of pics of the sites in my album, you should be able to get a good idea from some of them what the trees are like. Hope that helps.