Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by s1125r View Post
    Thanks for the pics, I was wondering about this setup myself. My gf bought a WBBB and an Incubator, and doesn't think the BB lays flat enough so she wants to trade to a bridge hammock.

Do you think the lay is flat enough for a stomach sleeper?

And know of anyone that needs another WBBB since my gf tried mine, loved it, and then didn't like her exact same model?
    I said I would try it (stomach sleeping) and I did. Definitely not for me but your mileage may vary. This thing was made for back sleeping although I have tried it on my side and found it quite comfortable.

Miguel

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    20" Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I said I would try it (stomach sleeping) and I did. Definitely not for me but your mileage may vary. This thing was made for back sleeping although I have tried it on my side and found it quite comfortable.

Miguel
    Not for you because you don't sleep well on your stomach or because you don't feel like it is really possible to be comfortable and sleep on your stomach?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abeldanger View Post
    Not for you because you don't sleep well on your stomach or because you don't feel like it is really possible to be comfortable and sleep on your stomach?
    Good question. I am not typically a stomach sleeper in any situation. When I do lay on my stomach I like my arms bent out to the side along side my head. There is simply not enough room for that in the Ridgerunner or any other hammock in my opinion. I think the only way would be to have your arms straight along side your body. There is no way I could sleep like that. I couldn't even get comfortable, let alone fall asleep. Of course your mileage may vary.

Any true stomach sleepers out there?

Miguel

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post this and to take the detailed pictures. I have an incubator for my Blackbird and needed to know if it would transfer over for use on a RidgeRunner I just pulled the trigger on.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Burrow
    Suspension
    Bridge
    Thanks Miguel for starting this post with the excellent instructional pictures and text. I've been on the fence regarding the purchase of the Ridge Runner due to possible compatibility issues with my current under quilts from Hammock Gear. Adam at HG confirmed compatability.

I placed my order with Brandon yesterday for the RR, Spindrift and Cloudburst. I'm looking forward to very restful/warm nights in my first bridge.
    Last edited by FreeRange; 11-08-2012 at 08:02.

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I've been experimenting with an incubator on an RR, but not having the same luck as Miguel. No matter how tightly I attach the sides of the incubator, the bottom does not snug up against the RR, there is a gap of at least 3" in the deep part of the quilt. I tried it again last night and it got down to 18* and with a 0* incubator, I should have been quite warm. My feet we're, but not my back.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Burrow
    Suspension
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post
    I've been experimenting with an incubator on an RR, but not having the same luck as Miguel. No matter how tightly I attach the sides of the incubator, the bottom does not snug up against the RR, there is a gap of at least 3" in the deep part of the quilt. I tried it again last night and it got down to 18* and with a 0* incubator, I should have been quite warm. My feet we're, but not my back.

I've used the HG Phoenix with the Ridge Runner with no problems. I haven't tried it with my Incubator yet. Hopefully, within the next two weeks, I will give it a try and respond back to this post with my experience.

I believe Adam at HG is working on a UQ designed specifically for the RR.

Hammock
    WBRR & Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    WL/TQ & HG/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware Cinch Bu
    Thanks for that....Been wondering if I would be able to use my Incubator with my WBRR.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    I had an deep winter incubator and no matter how tightly I cinched it down I just couldn't get a good seal. I ended up selling one of my deep winter ones and went with a deep winter lynx. Very simple to attach and no fiddle factor.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie,Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudorino View Post

I did mine a little differently and posted some pics and a description in another thread here:https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...42#post1209442

Since writing that I have replaced the foam packing with some vinyl hose split lenthwise and about 3 inches long on each end. I have slept out with the temps in the 20's and been warm all night. When I am in the hammock the HG Incubator does come up over the sides of the RR and my saddle bags drop inside the UQ. Also the way I have rigged the 2QZQ gathered end UQP, it also comes up the sides, over the bug net and leaves about 10 inches on either side of the ridgeline of the bugnet open. I don't think that helps much with heat retention but does add some weather protection.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast