Quote Originally Posted by upandadam View Post
Cheers, that looks a little out of my budget unfortunately.

I think I will go with my 450g Karrimor inflatable mattress and look to buy a thin fleece blanket. Will I need to size the fleece blanket so that it fits both under and on top of me? Sleeping directly on the matt doesn't woulnd so nice..
If you are willing to carry fleece this is your cure-all...make yourself a fairly easy uq out of fleece in a similar fashion to a regular uq. Either that or find a way to suspend half of your blanket under the hammock while the other part wraps over you...kind of like a fleece peapod of sorts...you are giving me ideas...ARRRGH! lol

Being a tropical climate camper, I can sympathize with your issue. Even though I see no lower teperature than about 75, I can understand why keeping warm is a concern. A low of 50 is a lot different than the lows you are expecting.

I personally think that if you are seeing at a worst of 50 degrees, you will be perfectly fine with laying on your fleece blanket and a pad of some kind. that would be good to a relatively lower temp. I personally think it's a little overkill, but good luck with your decision.