I was at my local wally world and noticed there are two types of auto shades and I was wondering which one people used.

There is the standard "twist and fold" style that I can see that could be used as a heat reflector as well as a wind shield.

I also saw what could be described as foil covered bubblewrap. This would do the same thing as the other, but also provide another airspace, and could be used for a seat cushion. I'm not sure how durable it is, thought. The downside is that this type folds and does not compact down as far.