HH Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Poly Hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Carabiner & Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnrogue View Post
    I emailed twice and never heard anything back.
    I wanted to buy my first HH Expedition.
    Well, I finally did it!!!!!

I bought my first Explorer Deluxe zip with a hex fly and snake skins from this sale!

Now I have to wait for it to arrive. I had really wanted the Explorer Ultralight classic, but they were all sold out... oh well.

The hammock I bought doesn't come with a bag. Does anyone have any suggesttions where I can buy a good hammock bag?

Now I have to figure out what else to buy... Dutch Rings, Caribiner, rings, sleeping pad, pillow, overquilt, underquilt and umm, am I missing anything? I won't get it all, but atleast that is my plan! am I missing anything.
    Last edited by cdnrogue; 10-17-2012 at 19:55.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Asym
    Tarp
    Equinox
    Insulation
    LeighLo TQ, HHSS
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    with snake skins you don't really NEED a bag. I tend to roll it up like a football and wrap it up with the suspension to keep it tight. Just last week switched to a bishop bad from Jack-R-Better. I'll be camping this weekend and trying it out.

Images
    All of Y'all who are just getting started with the Super Shelters:

1: take the trouble to get them set up right, per HH instructions. There is really nothing to it, but many a person has been faked out on the first go around. It is not that hard to get something upside down or inside out on the 1st try. Pay close attention, watch the videos! It's ridiculously easy once you know what to do, and yet tricky the 1st time set up.
    http://hennessyhammock.com/media/C38/#content

2: just remember

A: undercover foot end opening towards the foot end of hammock for bottom entry, or whichever end is designated foot end for zip models.

Side holes on UC lined up with loops on pad and with hammocks side pull out elastics going first through the pad loops and then out through these side holes on the undercover, all lined up correctly.

And black edging on UC UP.

B: pad with egg crate up, wide part at the head end and pad's left side tie out loops lined up with left hammock side guy out elastics and left UC exit openings. But you will probably find the right/foot end loop on the pad is closer to the foot end of the hammock than is the rt side tie out elastics on the hammock. Just make sure the shoulder one ( left on a bottom entry) is exactly lined up for pad loop with UC exit opening with hammock tie out.

Once the foot end opening is at the foot and the head end of the pad is at the hammocks head end, there are 3 things to line up: the left hammock elastic pull outs cords
    going through the left pad loops
    and then out the left UC exit holes.
    If these are lined up, the other side should be automatically lined up.

3: don't forget your $3, 2 oz WM space blanket on top of the pad. Just get the WM one until you can get the nicer Heat Sheet from REI or some where. The WM one will function fine, just not as nice and quiet. If you will not use the SB, you probably won't be near as warm as you could be and odds are you will have a lot of condensation.

4: If it's really cold, take whatever insulation you don't need to sleep in and tuck it between the pad and Undercover. Or if it is something real light, like dry wool socks, just on top of the pad, under the SB. Believe me, you can get a huge boost this way!

5: After you have tried it a few times and given it a fair trial, go to my recent thread which is a poll for HHSS users and let us know if it worked for you, or if it didn't.

Good luck you adventurous souls!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Thanks BillyBob. I've had mine for a while, but this is a good refresher for me since I haven't used mine since last year. This is a great post to help all the HHSS noobs and refresh the not so new.
    "No whining in the woods"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    Thanks BillyBob. I've had mine for a while, but this is a good refresher for me since I haven't used mine since last year. This is a great post to help all the HHSS noobs and refresh the not so new.
    You R welcome! Just seems like every Oct a few more folks join the HHSS experiment. And following that are at least a couple of threads on the subject: "Hey, how the heck do U make this crazy thing work?"! So just thought I would try to jump ahead of 'em!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Way to be pro-active....
    "No whining in the woods"

Thanks for the info BillyBob58
    it has been years since I have used the complete SS so your info helps a lot.
    Thank you

Hammock
    HH Deep jungle Safari
    Tarp
    HH Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeplin
    Suspension
    Stock (for now)
    Hey BillyBob.
    Thanks for the info!
    Looking forward to trying

I grabbed a SS. I will be coming back to reread this thread when I get my hands on it.

Hammock
    11' gathered, diy bridge
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    hg 20,llg 0
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Ordered oldest son xmas present last night Explorer deluxe classic entry. The boy grows too quick 12 years old, 5'7", size 13 feet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast