WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Bridge dog bone length question

Hey guys, I'm making a Grizz bridge, I've got the hammock body all sewn up --is there a rule of thumb or a formula for how long the dog bones should be for a certain length spreader bar? (My hammock will be a bit wider than most). Thanks for the help!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    80% to a 100% of spreader bar length. Plenty of threads out there on it. Do a quick Google search and you can find some answers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Grizz I believe use's 85%. I've used both 85 and 100% of the spreader bar. I think the longer dog bones reduces the compression on the bar itself. So for heavier weights I go with 100%.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks guys!!!!!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    stevebo, I hope you don't mind me tossing a question in on your post. I've been watching vids and searching all day and I haven't found an answer yet. My question is, If the spreaders are of different lengths do the dogbones or triangle sides follow the loose 80% rule or are they of close or similar lengths? In the process of a bridge based loosely on WV's PBH. The foot spreader is 26" and the head is 37". Having trouble visualizing a 21" triangle on the foot end and 30" on the head end. Help please!
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    On my People's Bridge Hammock, my foot end is 25 inches and each dog bone is 22 inches, which is just under 90% of the spreader bar length. Head end bar is 36 inches with 32" dog bones (could probably go down to 29 inches). I think I could go down to 80% without a problem. I studied the lengths of several commercial hammocks and other people's DIY bridges and the percentages where between 80% and 100% of the spreader bar length, so I decided to err towards the 100% side. My hammock is very stable and there does not seem to be any undo stress on the spreader bars.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Roads View Post
    On my People's Bridge Hammock, my foot end is 25 inches and each dog bone is 22 inches, which is just under 90% of the spreader bar length. Head end bar is 36 inches with 32" dog bones (could probably go down to 29 inches). I think I could go down to 80% without a problem. I studied the lengths of several commercial hammocks and other people's DIY bridges and the percentages where between 80% and 100% of the spreader bar length, so I decided to err towards the 100% side. My hammock is very stable and there does not seem to be any undo stress on the spreader bars.
    Thanks for sharing!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Thanks Country and thanks for the video on your PBH. This is my first bridge and I guess it just needs to be finished and hung then all will become clear.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts