Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Got it done Granted they are not as nice or sturdy as the ones I made with pockets on the ends for our Funky Tarps...these are a bit fragile; but, it is a nice, quick, easy, inexpensive, super fast fix, and I like them.

First picture is on a "true" 12x12 Gear Guide tarp. Second pic is of a tear from catching it on a brick in the patio and I sewed it with fishing twine. Final is just the cord lock on one end. It's hollowed out paracord, but shoelaces would work, be lighter, and sturdy enough.

Have one more large Gear Guide Tarp to do yet and 2 smaller ones....not doing pics of those, they'll pretty much be the same pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    They also work on the hammock. This is a super sized hammock (my fave) Crinkle taffeta 90" wide and 12' long, with TED style bug net. That is a lot of material, and it all fits.

On this, I purchased one of those long tri colored scrungies out of curiosity. That one had 2 short length tubes, and 2 medium length tubes in it, but the tubes were wider. I used two of the Medium length tubes on my hammock meeting them in the middle with one side over lapping. (my snake ate something ) There will only be 3 cord locks along this.

The first pic....was supposed to be of my hammock I'll have to put that in a different post.

So, the first pic is with the hammock tied up in two places in the middle to the ridgeline.

Second pic is of one end of the snake being eased down, and the final picture is of both ends of the snake pulled in and showing the tarp and hammock both in their new skins.

This will be great, as pulling the TED style can become quite a bundled mess when pulling out of the hammock sack. Doing it this way will save a lot of hassle.
    Last edited by DivaB; 10-16-2012 at 14:27.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    For whatever reason, I needed to manually resize that picture, so here is what was supposed to be picture one, of the hammock so that you all have an idea of the massive amount of material that will fit in these tubes with no problems.

...Yea, I'm not a light weight camper, I'm a comfort camper and that's why I strap a darn cart to my waist in order to pull my comfort items

Hammock
    The Green Mile (diy gathered end)
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Leighlo,Kaq, WLSS
    Suspension
    straps and slings
    Images
    On the way to DG now. Been needing some skins for a another setup and I come across this thread. Thanks so much. Will post pics if I get a chance.
    "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Way to go Darth Hanger!!! You the man for coming up with such a K.I.S.S approach. Thank you.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    I just picked one up from wally world. Maybe I grab the wrong kind, mine seems very fragile, can put my finger threw the material with no effort. I think I would ruin it the first time stuffing it into my pack. Are the one you guys are finding a little stronger?
    Last edited by chewbacca; 10-16-2012 at 21:08.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    I just picked one up from wally world. Maybe I grab the wrong kind, mine seems very fragile, can put my finger threw the material with no effort. I think I would ruin it the first time stuffing it into my pack. Are the one you guys are finding a little stronger?
    Yes, they are fragile. I made some for our other tarps, with pockets on the ends for tent stakes and cords, out of a polyester sheer curtain panel. The curtain is obviously a lot stronger. I figure for the cost of these bath scrungies, time saved, and ease of use, if I can get them through 1 season with less work load on my end with sewing for now, then I'm good to go . So you do need to handle a bit with kid gloves.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Yes, they are fragile. I made some for our other tarps, with pockets on the ends for tent stakes and cords, out of a polyester sheer curtain panel. The curtain is obviously a lot stronger. I figure for the cost of these bath scrungies, time saved, and ease of use, if I can get them through 1 season with less work load on my end with sewing for now, then I'm good to go . So you do need to handle a bit with kid gloves.
    Thanks DivaB. Great idea Darth Hanger!!!

Is anyone worried about the mesh gradually scraping the silicone off of a silnylon tarp when repeatedly deploying and retracting these skins? Probably not an issue but it just bugs the back of my mind.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Osmo View Post
    Is anyone worried about the mesh gradually scraping the silicone off of a silnylon tarp when repeatedly deploying and retracting these skins? Probably not an issue but it just bugs the back of my mind.
    It's a very soft mesh, that's why you need to handle the mesh with kid gloves. Unless your finding some kind of super scrubbies?

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast