WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

bridge hammock UQ

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any uq designs out there specifically for bridge hammocks? (uding down) Are most bridge uq s rectangular, or do they have sides that match the hammock arc?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Bridge specific UQ's are usually around 40" or less wide. When a bridge hammock is occupied it forms a hour glass shape. This could cause wider full length UQ's to have a large gap in the center on both sides that lets the cold air in. This is easily fixed with a couple tabs in the center.

Bottom line you can make any UQ work but the bridge specific UQ's don't require extra effort.

Images
    Steve,
    The JRB MW series is meant for all types of hammocks, and they have never said it is designed specifically for their BMBH. None the less, I have always felt like it was effectively a custom design for the JRB bridge. Why? Because it fits that hammock like a hand in the correct sized glove.
    http://www.jacksrbetter.com/wp-conte...ain-Step-5.jpg

As you can see, it fits right to the edge of the hammock both ends, and matches the shape of the hammock easily. So not officially designed for a bridge hammock, but the effect is the same, at least regarding this particular bridge hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    My Underground Quilts and Arrowhead Jarbridge UQ's fit my BMBH UL super sung and nice as can be..like BillyBob58 says...any quilt will work on a bridge. What I really like about the rectangular quilts is the sides coming up higher than the sides of the hammock in the middle which makes a very nice wind blockage and with your TQ over you its almost like being in a total hammock Sock effect except for your head sticking out. Super warm as toast.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Gathered End w bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY Hex & Sock
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ TQs
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Grizz did a post on a diy bridge hammock UQ, I put together a spread sheet using his formulas & a YouTube video of construction. See my Sig for links.

Ed
    DIY Quilt Spreadsheets: http://is.gd/pcEXXK
    DIY Project List: http://is.gd/pcsxfQ

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    where was that link? Thanks for the great info guys!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Gathered End w bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY Hex & Sock
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ TQs
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

DIY Bridge UQ Howto Info

Here is the link to GrizzlyAdams' original post for a walkthrough

Here is the link to the Bridge UQ Spreadsheet

Here's the YouTube link

Or save yourself the trouble & do some business with the excellent cottage vendors that frequent HF.

Ed
    DIY Quilt Spreadsheets: http://is.gd/pcEXXK
    DIY Project List: http://is.gd/pcsxfQ

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Steve,
    The JRB MW series is meant for all types of hammocks, and they have never said it is designed specifically for their BMBH. None the less, I have always felt like it was effectively a custom design for the JRB bridge. Why? Because it fits that hammock like a hand in the correct sized glove.
    http://www.jacksrbetter.com/wp-conte...ain-Step-5.jpg

As you can see, it fits right to the edge of the hammock both ends, and matches the shape of the hammock easily. So not officially designed for a bridge hammock, but the effect is the same, at least regarding this particular bridge hammock.
    BB58 etal,

Plus 1 to BBs comment on fitting bridges like a glove...While the Mt Washinton UQs were not specifically designed for the bridge...It is true that the JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock Deluxe and later the UL model were designed to insure the "hand/glove fit" with the JRB quilts especially the Mt Washingtons...As a bonus, because most other UQ are similialy sized they will all fit well.

FWIW, with minor re rigging of the included suspension the Mt Washingtons fit the WBRR bridge as well... Smee posted pictures of this else where on a similiar tread of UQ fit.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock Gear underquilts work great on the bridge hammock. Even the tie outs on the quilt match the hammock
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    how accurate is the spreadsheet/calculator? (thanks for putting that together!)

--unknown

• + New Posts