WBBB 1.1DL/Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Knobstone/Tecumseh Trail Thru Hike

I'm toying with the idea of doing this in two weeks. My main concern is water; I don't want to deal with caching water. The Hoosier Hikers' Council site says that water can be hard to find on these trails for much of the year. However, with all the rain we've had in the past few weeks, can anybody tell me if I can find a water source at least once every 10 miles?

Also, anybody want to do this with me? I've got some off from grad school and want to get out. I was thinking about going from Thursday, October 18th through Saturday or Sunday.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I want the whole thing, but not at a four day pace.

Not sure about water sources, on the TT, but I do have some waypoint links for some of the "reliable" sources, on the KT, if you can't find them on the TT/KT site.

There is a trail report out there for the 140, that does mention the ones they used, but they had a gang with them. Enough to shuttle equipment down the road sections, so they could slack pack those. So I think they resupplied quite a bit too.

Parking, shuttling, and caching the TT can be described as an adventure, in itself. I read one, that involved a local car rental

Good luck and give us a good detailed report. Not many out there to go on yet, for the TT, and PT sections.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If i end up doing this, I'll probably hit the tecumseh trail, as it'll be easier to guilt one of my friends into shuttling me back to my car. I also found a trail guide that seems to indicate enough water sources to get away with not caching water. Here's the link: http://www.hoosierhikerscouncil.org/...ata%20Book.doc

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've decided I'm just going to go ahead and do this. I'm going to thru hike the tecumseh from Thursday, October 18th to Sunday, October 21st.

I'll post a pre trip planning and gear loadout video in the coming days. So, with that, who wants to share some advice with me? I've done a bunch of overnights over the summer. I'm going solo with a dog. Food planning advice would be particularly welcome. I'd also be interested in hearing about cool weather clothing, as we're getting into the low to mid 30s this weekend. So 2 questions to start: 1) how do you plan your food and keep it lightweight, and 2) what do you wear when night temps get into the lower 30s?

• + New Posts