Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would if I ever won anything I put in on every give away and stuff and never win weather its here or anywhere. Bad luck I guess, I have seen some people win multiple times, and its funny how usually the people that win have a bunch of gear they dont use and its going to get tossed in a pile of gear they hardly touch. I recently some my tarp and both quilt because of the price of everything. I have no idea how long it will be until I can get another tarp, and it makes me sad because I loved hanging in the piney woods, and when people sell things, they aren't selling them for really much cheaper than retail, maybe 20-40 buck at most.

Anyway congrats on the win and its nice to see someone who cares about thanking vendors for give-a-ways.

Jeremy

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks
    i wouldn;t thank the guy if i bought it but if it was given, you gotta thank the guy

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Many of the raffle proceeds are being used to support local charities and trail organizations near to the hangout locations, after any hangout expenses are covered. I know that has been the case with quite a few hangouts in the last couple of years. That is at the discretion of whomever organized the hang and raffle itself.

I think supporting the local trail organizations makes sense for hangout raffles, as it goes to support more hanging opportunities and will hopefully give a good impression of hangers in the local community.
    I misspoke by being too inclusive. I did not mean to leave those efforts out. Thanks for the correction.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Just to take an opposing viewpoint: in all likelihood, the vendor donation and the trip itself was tax-deductible: it was a business expense.

Of the group hangs I've attended, I paid money for raffle tickets, so it never occurred to me to thank the vendor for the donation of goods I paid good money to try to win. I never thought of their goods donation as personally benefiting me, but as benefiting the group hang as a whole and the local charities as well.

Nevertheless, OP raises a good point and expressing thanks for the vendor donation is something I will keep in mind.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Hmmmmmm.... this weekend's Colorado fall hang is shaping up to have our highest attendance yet, at 20+ people. Perhaps we need to start thinking about some raffles of our own

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Good manners are always in season...
    Amen. I've been boggled, sometimes, by the entitlement of some (not around here, thankfully); how anyone could be so ungrateful is beyond me. I'm sure we all know how it feels to go out of our way and/or expense to do something nice for someone else and then not even get acknowledged. It's a crappy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    They are acknowledged and thanked by the whole assembly, winners or not. If that is not being done then it should be. We all benefit from their generosity. Not just the winners.
    Amen x2.

@Vendors@Large: Y'all are awesome, and we all appreciate you guys and gals, even if some don't always say it. I've been a part of multiple forums and communities revolving around random hobbies and such, but when I started to get into hammocking I was absolutely taken aback by how awesome you guys are. I've never seen someone take so much pride in their work, nor go to such extremes to make sure your customers are looked out for. Y'all are a large part of why this community is so incredible. Thank you. <3

Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY g.e. 1.9
    Tarp
    Kelty 9
    Insulation
    Bag, foam or wool
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    And if I ever didn't thank you you
    Then just let me do it now...

Thank You Vendors!

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Advice taken, I posted a thanks on the vendor section of the forums the next week after winning a raffle item thinking that would be a good place to thank the vendor.

But... after reading the OP, if jumped on their website and sent the a thank-you, and received a similar response, they were thankful to know the item was in the hands of someone who was excited to have it!

Great post!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12