Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

Be sure and thank the Vendors

I won a White Mt Hammock at a recent hang and when I got home I sent an email thanking them for donating the hammock. I got the following reply back..

Out of all the hammocks I gave away on the HF; only
    two have e-mailed me with a thanks. You, and a guy from Switzerland.
    It got me thinking, how many of us actually take the time to thank the hard working vendors who donated stuff for the many hangs all over the country and world. If we don't; they may decide not to donate in the future.

I try and send an email or post on the forum a thank you to the vendor anytime I win something to let them know that their donation was appreciated.

My point is...is you win something at a group hang raffle, take the time to contact the vendor and let them know you won the item and thank them for it. I guarantee it will make their day.
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-03-2012 at 15:48.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    well said , and good points. Everyone likes to know their work/efforts are appreciated
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    It got me thinking, how many of us actually take the time to thank the hard working vendors who donated stuff for the many hangs all over the country and world. If we don't; they decide not to donate in the future.

I try and send an email or post on the forum a thank you to the vendor anytime I win something to let them know that their donation was appreciated.

My point is...is you win something at a group hang raffle, take the time to contact the vendor and let them know you won the item and thank them for it. I guarantee it will make their day.
    Well put gunner76!

I'm thankful for the donations that have been made to hangs I've attended in the past. I hope I said "thank you" but now I'm not positive. I'll pay more attention to that in the future for sure.

I'm especially thankful for the unsolicited donations that have been made to hangs I've planned over the years. In fact, when I invited vendors to come and join us, I expressly stated that it was an invitation to hang, not a subliminal request for donations.

I mean that too. Just because someone sells products doesn't mean they have to give it away to be part of an event.

We do need to express gratitude for those who support our events, who provide excellent products and service, and especially when they take money off of their bottom line to give away items.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Good manners are always in season...thanks for the reminder.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tree2Tree Switchback..Pink Panther
    Tarp
    AHE Toxiway Lylac!
    Insulation
    Golite top/BF UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Dutch Clip
    I totally agree...I think it is sad when people do not thank the makers who donated. To me in today's world there is NO REASON not to thank them period. I was raised that you did so and today's kids or young adults don't. Thanks for a great post reminder to everyone.

Tweety
    LIVE.. LOVE.. LAUGH... AND DRIVE BF CRAZY!!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    It may just be me, but the group hangs I have been to the vendors who donate are usually there. They are acknowledged and thanked by the whole assembly, winners or not. If that is not being done then it should be. We all benefit from their generosity. Not just the winners. The proceeds of those donations go to benefit the costs of keeping the forum on line and up to date.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    The proceeds of those donations go to benefit the costs of keeping the forum on line and up to date.
    Many of the raffle proceeds are being used to support local charities and trail organizations near to the hangout locations, after any hangout expenses are covered. I know that has been the case with quite a few hangouts in the last couple of years. That is at the discretion of whomever organized the hang and raffle itself.

I think supporting the local trail organizations makes sense for hangout raffles, as it goes to support more hanging opportunities and will hopefully give a good impression of hangers in the local community.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Many of the raffle proceeds are being used to support local charities and trail organizations near to the hangout locations, after any hangout expenses are covered. I know that has been the case with quite a few hangouts in the last couple of years. That is at the discretion of whomever organized than hang and raffle itself.
    It's also fun to simply have drawings and prizes, no raffle, just be there.

Nothing wrong with raffles for the above reasons, I am fortunate in that the hangs I've been to in Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma have not had any expenses beyond personal ones of participants. In those we've been able to have the fun without passing the hat.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    It's also fun to simply have drawings and prizes, no raffle, just be there.

In those we've been able to have the fun without passing the hat.
    I think that's a great way to handle it also.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I agree ! just think where Hammocking would be with out The venders .Thats right ! alot of us wouldnt even be hammocking if it wasnt for the Kick A@$ gear they make.
    Not to mention all the advancments they they have made in our lifestyle/hobbie.
    And on top of that to donate their works of art is something very real!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast