Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Excellent stuff as before!

Congrats to you and the two noobs for completing a magnificent through hike!

Gearlist video will close the week by the looks of it.... so what do we do next week to start up in the morning? (re runs )

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    Awesome videos Fronkey!!!! You've inspired me to dust off my canicross gear and make my Graham Cracker haul me a little (I certainly haul his excrement enough...tmi i know). Loved the wolf!!! She rocked that trail and so did Caleb! This has made the list of places for me to hike in the future. Thanks for the amazing trip report!

~Fib n Graham (yeah he watched too, he thinks Tala's a cutie)
    I was told there'd be no math on this exam. ~T.D.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Great trip Fronkey Congratulations

Thanks a lot for sharing and taking us along
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    You own the little women BIG TIME for driving 5 hours just for you! Was that one way, did she really do 10 hours? Where did you get those purple and white socks from??? Your fun filled crapy camera works ok. PIZZA! If Caleb gave the pink hammock a 12 out of 10, imagine how much he’ll like a normal colored hammock! The dog is spending a lot of time in snooze land, I wonder why. lol

I’ve been crunching the numbers and it doesn't matter how I look at it, 250 miles or 402 kms over 14 days is incredibly good going! You are both super troupers, that’s for sure. To do that, you averaged 17.8 miles or 28.7 kms pre day, that really is super amazing! My floppy hat is well and truly off to you both!

“We look like two homeless people.” LOL Thanks for the videos, Fronkey, they were both fun and exhausting to watch!
    Yeah, it was 5 hours each way. She is a cool chick for sure.
    The "socks" are actually gaiters from "Dirty Girl" I use them to keep debris out of my shoes and they work great. Tala was like the rest of us in the sense that if we weren't moving...we were snoozing. Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by XSrcing View Post
    Great stuff, Fronkey. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and shared these videos with many of my non-hammocking friends, and they enjoyed them as well.

Keep it up.
    Thanks so much dude, I appreciate ya.

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Jealous, wish I was there or was able to take 14 days in a row off! Fantastic achievement, I believe life has gotten in my way of being able to accomplish any thru hikes greater than 150 miles....sad, I got started so late in life.
    As long as you get out in the woods, it doesn't matter how long your trips are. Section hiking a trail is just as good in my opinion.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Excellent stuff as before!

Congrats to you and the two noobs for completing a magnificent through hike!

Gearlist video will close the week by the looks of it.... so what do we do next week to start up in the morning? (re runs )

Grtz Johan
    Thanks a bunch man. I do know another Minnesotan that will be coming out with a trip report soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby View Post
    Awesome videos Fronkey!!!! You've inspired me to dust off my canicross gear and make my Graham Cracker haul me a little (I certainly haul his excrement enough...tmi i know). Loved the wolf!!! She rocked that trail and so did Caleb! This has made the list of places for me to hike in the future. Thanks for the amazing trip report!

~Fib n Graham (yeah he watched too, he thinks Tala's a cutie)
    Canicross is great and it's awesome to be hands free. But man, did it suck going down hill. Thanks a lot for watching the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Great trip Fronkey Congratulations

Thanks a lot for sharing and taking us along
    Thank you for watching TZ. Hope to see you again this winter.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Wooohooo!

Great ending to a great trip.

Kaleb's got some legs on him; I'm very impressed that a guy on his first through managed to keep up with those sorts of miles. Tala looked a little beat there at the end, but I guess she had enough spunk to chase squirrels and wasn't too tired...

Mmmm...calories. McDs is definitely one of the cheapest and easiest ways to get 'em once you reach civilization. No Juicy Lucy's, though? Or is that a general term for MN burgers?

Sorry your camera crapped out, Fronkey. Still, that was a great series of videos, definitely up to your usual standards even with the less-capable camera on the last one. Great editing, concise, and fun to watch. Thanks!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    How about a video?

That will work!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Great videos Fronkey. Tala is one lucky girl to have an owner that is capable of meeting her physical needs as well as her emotional needs. Be careful... First it's canicross, then bikejoring, then you get a second husky for bikejoring, then skijoring in the winter, then you get a dog sled and you want a team of 6-8 huskies... It is an addiction and because you are a member of this forum for hammock addicts, I know you are prone to it lol. In my opinion, there is nothing better in life than enjoying the outdoors with your dogs.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Wooohooo!

Great ending to a great trip.

Kaleb's got some legs on him; I'm very impressed that a guy on his first through managed to keep up with those sorts of miles. Tala looked a little beat there at the end, but I guess she had enough spunk to chase squirrels and wasn't too tired...

Mmmm...calories. McDs is definitely one of the cheapest and easiest ways to get 'em once you reach civilization. No Juicy Lucy's, though? Or is that a general term for MN burgers?

Sorry your camera crapped out, Fronkey. Still, that was a great series of videos, definitely up to your usual standards even with the less-capable camera on the last one. Great editing, concise, and fun to watch. Thanks!
    Thanks dude.
    Kaleb did great on the trip and Tala wasn't really acting any different than when she's not at home. She is either running or sleeping. lol

We did get those Juicy Lucy's the next night. Look them up, they were on Man vs Food too. Man, they are yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by mp3prozac View Post
    Great videos Fronkey. Tala is one lucky girl to have an owner that is capable of meeting her physical needs as well as her emotional needs. Be careful... First it's canicross, then bikejoring, then you get a second husky for bikejoring, then skijoring in the winter, then you get a dog sled and you want a team of 6-8 huskies... It is an addiction and because you are a member of this forum for hammock addicts, I know you are prone to it lol. In my opinion, there is nothing better in life than enjoying the outdoors with your dogs.
    Thanks man. I am already planning our next adventure and let's just say that a Husky will be the perfect dog to bring with me. I do want more of them though, man they are great dogs.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Fronkey,

Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

Very nice trail and great campsites. Kaleb did excellent for his first trip. You all looked quite tired by the time you finished the trip. The milage you did was amazing.

How did the quilts hold up as regards to keeping dry? Did you get much morning dew ?

Again, thanks for taking us along.
    Last edited by BLUEFIN 774; 10-05-2012 at 22:25. Reason: spelling
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast