Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images

Spindrift owners...question

Just wondering if any of you that got the spindrift have attempted to put your UQ or a pad on the hammock yet. I'm wondering how difficult it might be to slide a pad in between the layers with the spindrift installed...or how hard it is to attach all the clips on the lynx?

Images
    should still be able to flip the hammock over with spindrift installed, so uq install shouldn't too much different. the pad may be harder, but might work better before spreaders are installed than after.

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Ooops sorry, I thought that said "Spendthrift." I see now I'm in the wrong forum, ha ha. See ya.

-Klauss
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I'm still debating a mod to my spindrift to open up one or both ends to make it easier to put on and off, and I think this will make pad installation much easier as well.

I'm thinking that velcro may not actually be necessary, as you could do some sort of grosgrain lacing to close it up securely enough to stop drafts. I'm thinking about cutting it and using a bit of tape to protect the edges while I play around with different ideas.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    should still be able to flip the hammock over with spindrift installed, so uq install shouldn't too much different. the pad may be harder, but might work better before spreaders are installed than after.
    What he said. It's actually pretty easy. The key, is as Brian said, to flip it upside down. When you stick your entire upper body through the Spindrift door the hammock is flat and the attachment points on the four corners are easily seen and reached. One tip: use the metal niteize biners....not the plastic ones. The metal ones slip on/off MUCH easier.

Regarding inserting a pad...yes it is a bit more difficult when the spindrift is installed. I have discovered that the end of the Spindrift can be pushed away from the hammock along the grey V shaped lines which creates quite a bit more room. I would suggest rolling up the pad, and unroll it as you feed it through the sleeve. I personally think it may be easier to insert a pad with the bar installed as it keeps the opening stretched apart and easily accessible. I will probably only use a pad for additional insulation when winter camping. I may use a Neo Air Xlite...feed it through uninflated...blowing it up when it's mostly inserted. It's been fun playing with it and figuring things out.

Miguel

I found that it's best to put the uq on before you put the SD on. Then put the SD on, and stuff everything into a large stuff sack or dry bag for easy setup.

One of the attractions to a bridge hammock is the simplicity of attaching and lack of fussing with the underquilt. It's not difficult, so I'm gonna call it the least easy point to attach underquilt is the foot end opposite the entrance. The other points are within easy reach. The result is even with the Spin drift sock an underquilt is less fuss than a gathered end hammock with out a sock.

• + New Posts