Tarp
    BPWD 9x9 RECT
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images

Resolution

I've never had an issue that wasn't resolved. As with all dealings between two people, there's always the possibility of miscommunication, contention of facts or some other confusion. I've found my dealings with any fellow HF members to always end with some agreeable resolution. Hopefully, the same will happen with you.

-Sap
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. -- O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law

Hammock
    Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Stock.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tattoo View Post
    I have had nothing but good experiences buying from the for sale forums here..This is my first disappointment..

angrysparrow
    I have been in contact with the seller and because of the medical/cash issues of the seller I am going to take the hit and not pursue a return of my $$ my way of putting a little $ in the Karma bank.
    I am sorry this happened to you.

Personally this leaves a bad taste in mouth. To have something misrepresented, and the transaction not made right for whatever the reason, doesn't sit right with me.

Unfortunately not naming names leave it open to being a guessing game with who you had the transaction with.

Years ago i had a transaction go sour with a misrepresented item (not on hammock forums) and after months of back and forth and a LOT of reasons why from the seller as to why money not coming forward. I finally never got my $ back. They were banned. I never pursued legal action but i chalked it up to lesson learned.

If you feel this transaction is resolved then good.
    If the Moderators feel the transaction is resolved, then i will have pause for thought the next time i post "i'll take it"

Matt.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" -BR-.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    If something was misrepresented, and the seller won't take it back, please PM a moderator. We can't get your money back, but we can hopefully keep it from happening again.
    The above comment by angrysparrow backing up the buyer or even the seller says a lot. I have had no problems. Good Karma is beautiful thing. It will all work out.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Chinook Tech. 9x12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DIY Slap-Straps

DIY misrepresentation

So now I am interested- do you have this piece of DIY gear that you don't want? What is it? Is it for sale? =)

Hammock
    WWM,ENO SN, DIY,WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    DOWN :)
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    This purchase has in NO way discouraged me from buying from the FOR SALE threads on here . This is a great site ! The Mods truly do an amazing job and make this an enjoyable place to hang out ...As I stated I am not perusing the seller for a refund he obviously needs the $ He knows how I feel about this and I am pretty sure this will not happen again from the seller. I am in no way trying to vilify this person which is why I will not post his name in this thread ..Although his name has been given to the proper people on HF

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    A little search, and I could take an educated guess as to who, but if you were lied to about the product, it would make me suspect the reason behind it, being financial or not, could also be a lie. Makes me not want to purchase from this person, and having issues to deal with. Just my .02
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    As Mr.Tattoo stated, he did PM the mods with details. We're looking into it. This seller won't be an issue again.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    A little search, and I could take an educated guess as to who, but if you were lied to about the product, it would make me suspect the reason behind it, being financial or not, could also be a lie.
    That is too funny, but my thinking exactly. If you misrepresent on a public forum (or lie), then it's pretty much there for anyone to see for perpetuity. Once you've lost your reputation, it's hard to get it back again.

While I've bought a few things on this forum, I'm hesitant to ever do so again without thoroughly knowing and trusting the person. We all like to think that the HF community is a family, but really, it's largely a collection of strangers. That's all well and good for discussing hammocks, but when it comes to buying stuff from total strangers, caveat emptor!

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    bummer this happened to you, but it is not all a loss. alot of us admire the cloth you are cut from you make a fine example as a fellow hanger.

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Sorry to hear about the negative purchase, but I am glad that I did a quick search for future reference.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast