Tarp
    Z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    BurrowTQ &BreezeUQ
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie

dp hammock gear "hybrid" tarp questions

The tarp is listed at http://www.dphammockgear.com/

I tried to no avail to find a review or some extra information on the "hybrid" tarp they offer. A few questions if anyone knows the answers:

1) The tarp is listed as 11oz and "looks" to come with a ridgeline and possibly line for the guylines. Does this 11oz include the weight for the tarp + ridgeline, etc.?

2)What is TRIASTIC fabric!! Claims are of a non-stretching, light weight, waterproof material. Is it durable or it will tear easier then silnylon or cuben? If anyone has this tarp, how does the triastic material pack comparable to silnylon?

3) "Each tarp end can be closed for inclement weather." It doesn't look to have any doors or a beak to stake closed so how is this possible?

thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Don't have the tarp, so I can't answer your questions, but if you haven't already, an email sent to DP may offer the quickest answers. I wish you the best of luck in finding answers to your questions. DP Gear is one of the "new kids on the block," so there aren't many out there with hands on experience yet. Some drama arose from that cloud of mystery in regards to the DP Quilts, but in due time, some folks went out on a limb purchasing the gear and then reported back to the community with updates. Hopefully there is someone here that can answer your questions, but there won't be many.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I believe he also just made a hammock out of that waterproof fabric. email him and he might chime in here.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    GTUL/WBRR
    Tarp
    Ogee/Diy
    Insulation
    HudsonR/EE20/Leilo
    Suspension
    DynaWhoopie/Hugger
    Images
    here is a link to a current thread on the triastic material.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...=dphammockgear
    "If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    - Mark Twain

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! NO MORE WOOD!"
    - Mancat

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

Sorry for the delay ...

Jay NJ wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to no avail to find a review or some extra information on the "hybrid" tarp they offer. A few questions if anyone knows the answers:

1) The tarp is listed as 11oz and "looks" to come with a ridgeline and possibly line for the guylines. Does this 11oz include the weight for the tarp + ridgeline, etc.?

Jay and all, I just found this thread. 2/23/12

Yes, dp is a small cottage business now in our second year of offering dp gear.

For those of you who entertain launching your own web business I'll offer you this insight, our first year we had 27 orders. Two were returned: One indicated they had changed their mind and decided they didn't need an additional quilt. The other for a small tear resulted from use. We have sent one order outside the USA to Australia. To which the postage is very high. We who live in the USA really do have good thing.

1) question ... dp advertised weights are for the entire advertised product ready to use, in a stuff sack if applicable.

2)What is TRIASTIC fabric!! Claims are of a non-stretching, light weight, waterproof material. Is it durable or it will tear easier then silnylon or cuben? If anyone has this tarp, how does the triastic material pack comparable to
    silnylon?

Triastic fabric? One of a seller's greatest difficulties is locating supply. Fabric being the most difficult. dp "house" named Triastic.

FYI: Most would be aghast at how many fabrics a cottage business will purchase and NOT use due to not meeting engineering standards.

Triastic WILL tear more easily than sil or Cuben. Triastic is 100% WATERPROOF polyester unlike Silnylon. Triastic is 1/2 the cost of Cuben and not as strong for its weight.

dp feels Triastic has a strong place in our current lineup.

3) "Each tarp end can be closed for inclement weather." It doesn't look to have any doors or a beak to stake closed so how is this possible?

Closeable ends? When a tarp has a center stake on the sides, you can close the ends. One end or both. Greatly reduces interior room, but with the dp design you can close both ends and it works nicely keeping weight at a minimum making the tarp warmer or more weather proof.

Should you want closable ends to keep tarp interior room at maxium, dp offers Tarp End Doors. See on www.dphammockgear.com or a larger photo on www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Jay, I hope this answers your questions about dp gear?

thanks!
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com
    r See website change below
    r

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: the above site is closing Oct 30, 2012. Future dp Gear Crew members should now shop www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Jay and all, I just found this thread. 2/23/12

Yes, dp is a small cottage business now in our second year of offering dp gear.

For those of you who entertain launching your own web business I'll offer you this insight, our first year we had 27 orders. Two were returned: One indicated they had changed their mind and decided they didn't need an additional quilt. The other for a small tear resulted from use. We have sent one order outside the USA to Australia. To which the postage is very high. We who live in the USA really do have good thing.

1) question ... dp advertised weights are for the entire advertised product ready to use, in a stuff sack if applicable.

2)What is TRIASTIC fabric!! Claims are of a non-stretching, light weight, waterproof material. Is it durable or it will tear easier then silnylon or cuben? If anyone has this tarp, how does the triastic material pack comparable to
    silnylon?

Triastic fabric? One of a seller's greatest difficulties is locating supply. Fabric being the most difficult. dp "house" named Triastic.

FYI: Most would be aghast at how many fabrics a cottage business will purchase and NOT use due to not meeting engineering standards.

Triastic WILL tear more easily than sil or Cuben. Triastic is 100% WATERPROOF polyester unlike Silnylon. Triastic is 1/2 the cost of Cuben and not as strong for its weight.

dp feels Triastic has a strong place in our current lineup.

Closeable ends? When a tarp has a center stake on the sides, you can close the ends. One end or both. Greatly reduces interior room, but with the dp design you can close both ends and it works nicely keeping weight at a minimum making the tarp warmer or more weather proof.

Should you want closable ends to keep tarp interior room at maxium, dp offers Tarp End Doors. See on www.dphammockgear.com or a larger photo on www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Jay, I hope this answers your questions about dp gear?

thanks![/QUOTE]
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

• + New Posts