I'm still new to the quilt thing, I took my new SS UQ out in August and it worked great but seemed to get damp during a day of heavy rain. I think this was just moisture in the air as the tarp coverage kept everything else dry. At the time I made a note to pack up my quilts during the day to avoid this.

I just got back from a fall trip where I had brought my even newer HG 20*F UQ&TQ which make use of the new dual suspension system. As a result I have to take down the hammock to put the UQ on or take it off. I ended up leaving it on the one day that we stayed put and even though it rained a little it did not seem to get damp (though it didn't rain nearly as much).

So I don't know if I lucked out this time, because it didn't rain all that hard, or if it was just a freak occurrence the first time my UQ got wet. So I thought I'd ask all of you what you do, do you leave the UQ on during the day or pack it up to keep it safe and dry? Also, I'm aware of the UQ cover from 2QZQ, just not looking to spend any more money right now (I've already blown $650 on down quilts in the last month...)