DIY Ghost Hammock
    Tarp
    Sil Asym Diamond
    Insulation
    MH Phantom 32
    Suspension
    DIY Dynaglide UCR

Camo HH Supershelter

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that just this morning I got the list of Hennessy's annual Odds and Ends sale and they have some good deals. But what really caught my eye was that they had several Woodland Camo Supershelters. I'm sure there are some people out there that would jump all over those. Even if you don't want to use the Supershelter it's a chance to pick up a Waterproof Camo undercover. Bonus - Snakeskins were half off and they have a Yellow Expedition Classic Demo with a Red fly
    In the words of the Great Mackey, "Never lose your elevation!"

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    The SS is not really exactly a great deal. Hennessy states that the fabric is more expensive, so they threw it in the Odds & Ends Sale. That is what I was told when I enquired. Plus many of us want a #2 SS.

Sale does not seem to be as good of a deal as in the past. Last year I purched several things this year no a thing so far. Last year they had the sale for several weeks. It will be interesting to see what they do with it this year.

Hammock
    DIY Ghost Hammock
    Tarp
    Sil Asym Diamond
    Insulation
    MH Phantom 32
    Suspension
    DIY Dynaglide UCR
    You're right that its not a great deal. I'm not planning on getting one. But the unique thing its that it's camo. Camo anything is generally more expensive and some people will shell out big bucks to have a camouflaged set-up. So for them this might be a great find.

I got fed up with the lack of decent color options for the SS and made my own ACU SS UC... I haven't had a chance yet to post pics, but I've got some on the camera from last weeks AT trip, just gotta post 'em. Cost me about $30ish to make, was more time consuming trying to get all the angles right, but was otherwise rather simple to make.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    DIY Ghost Hammock
    Tarp
    Sil Asym Diamond
    Insulation
    MH Phantom 32
    Suspension
    DIY Dynaglide UCR
    I've heard that getting the geometry right is really tough when trying to make those. Great job WetRivrRat; gotta see some pictures.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends

I wana SEE it!

Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post
    I got fed up with the lack of decent color options for the SS and made my own ACU SS UC... I haven't had a chance yet to post pics, but I've got some on the camera from last weeks AT trip, just gotta post 'em. Cost me about $30ish to make, was more time consuming trying to get all the angles right, but was otherwise rather simple to make.
    Hi WetRiverRat, PLEASE post your images. I would make my own, however, I am worried about all the angles. There is a lot of detail in the Hennessy's. They are there for a reason, not just to use up bits of fabric. Fairly complicated that is part of the reason for the $ of the items.

Looking forward to the photo's.

So... as lame as this sounds I do most of my computer-ing on an iPad these days, and the dang camera has an SD card, so I have to actually find a PC in my house with a proper slot to pull the pics (unless I'm using my phone), and I'm out of town this weekend...

But, to tide you over... I previously posted some pics in my gallery of the template that I made out of some muslin. The final product was slightly different than the photos only because I found that once I got in the hammock, the fabric became weight bearing!

That being said, I found that the 'model' I was using from HH was weight bearing as well, so I lengthen the whole deal to make it sit/sag properly so that I had an average 1" void all around once in the hammock.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post
    So... as lame as this sounds I do most of my computer-ing on an iPad these days, and the dang camera has an SD card, so I have to actually find a PC in my house with a proper slot to pull the pics (unless I'm using my phone), and I'm out of town this weekend...

But, to tide you over... I previously posted some pics in my gallery of the template that I made out of some muslin. The final product was slightly different than the photos only because I found that once I got in the hammock, the fabric became weight bearing!

That being said, I found that the 'model' I was using from HH was weight bearing as well, so I lengthen the whole deal to make it sit/sag properly so that I had an average 1" void all around once in the hammock.
    RiverRat,
    I use the iPad almost exclusively also and you can get a card reader for the iPad pretty cheap and it works great.

• + New Posts