Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8484 View Post
    Wow! thanks for all the advice everyone

The double ended Bishop bag looks like a great solution for the hammock and UQ...now i just need a sewing machine

Where can I buy the lightest rings and biners for the suspension? If I remember correctly they were named Nano Biners and sbc rings?

thanks again
    You can get a Bishop bag without a sewing machine. Just find a stuff sack that your hammock and underquilt fit in, prefferably waterproof since it is your insulation. Then what I did was sew 1 inch sqaure pieces of webbing on the inside and outside of where the hole will be for reinforcement. Then take a tent stake and heat it up. I used my parent's gas stove top. Once the stake is hot poke it through the center of the webbing square through the bag, and out the other webbing square. It fuses the edges so it doesn't fray, and is really simple. Hand sew the webbing only takes a few minutes.
    "Oh, like an Afghan Warlord"

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8484 View Post
    Wow! thanks for all the advice everyone

Where can I buy the lightest rings and biners for the suspension? If I remember correctly they were named Nano Biners and sbc rings?

thanks again
    I use 4 aluminum descender rings I got from my local climbing shop.
    You don't want just any biners to hang from (ridgeline OK I suppose, & I have hung from the large key ring biners for short times.) I use "damaged" climbers biners from a climber friend who had dropped them on concrete, at least he says they are damaged for climbing. Rated at about 1500 Lbs at least. Ask at a climbers shop near you, they may have a few laying around. Be prepared to sign a release saying you won't climb with them!
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    Try Mountain Hideaway they usually run sales and have a coupon to use. I remember buying my MSR Hyperflow for under $80 when it first came out. Got free shipping to boot. Ain't been there in a while but thought I'ld throw it out there! If you're not in a hurry you might want to wait a little bit there should be some real dooseys for sales coming up on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). Best option as always is to shop around and see who's got the best deal with sales it might even be REI. If you live close to one it may be worth a trip on Black Friday I remember people on here saying they got some real deals in past years!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12