I finally had a chance to get out and string up my new tarp. I loaded the dog into the car and headed over to Thompson Park in Monroe Township. The park has some great trails and the dog needed a walk. I also decided to test my tablecloth.com hammock. A few of things I discovered.

1: Colgan Poly Rope is garbage. Don't buy it, I tossed it as soon as I got home. I was going to use it as a ridge line for the tarp, but it started to fray the minute I put around a tree. I replaced it with 1/8" Diamond Braided Polypropylene Line from Attwood.

2: I need to make a set of whoopie slings for my DIY hammock. I figured the tree straps that I brought along would be more than enough. One strap was about six feet long the other was about four. I made it work, but whoopie slings would have made things easier.

3: I'm glad I have a Python Skin being made for the tarp, it'll make life easier in the future when it's time to pack up.

4: I really need to count my stakes before I leave. DOH!!! Left one behind.

5: I should have taken more pictures. I'll take more on my hike this week and post them in my trip report. I might even try a video.

Tarp from the left:

Tarp from the right:

From the hammock:

One more from the hammock:

Charmer, He came with the name.