Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I had a nice time. I was a bit disappointed about the rain, but in the end it didn't amount to too much and we all had rain gear so no problem. I really appreciated the expertise and advice we got. We have ordered Zing it and look forward to learning how to make Alpine Butterflies. On the knot lol
    We had a great fire and plenty of water.. although we backpacked into the campground, the water supply was not in order so the campground host literally dropped off gallons of water for us. I could get used to that.
    As always, Greylock and the Berkshires were beautiful, especially this time of year. I believe the leaves were peak or pretty darn close to it. We enjoyed taking the Huskies for a nice walk up to a nice lookout and found that we were quite literally in the clouds.
    There was a nice collection of Hammock Gear and Warbonnet Superflies.. I got to examine a gasp Cuben tarp up close and it is sweet stuff. I am still shocked how light it is.
    the 3 four legged friends Ember, Marley,& Hunter sang a sweet melody together....
    And what a great crew we had- I will camp with them again any time.
    Wondering when our next get together will be?
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Zeppelin
    Suspension
    StrapsBeetleBuckle
    I would like to join on some of your upcoming hangs. Blackbird and winter yeti have been ordered just a few days ago.
    Swinging in the air with a flair.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    I had a nice time. I was a bit disappointed about the rain, but in the end it didn't amount to too much and we all had rain gear so no problem. I really appreciated the expertise and advice we got. We have ordered Zing it and look forward to learning how to make Alpine Butterflies. On the knot lol
    We had a great fire and plenty of water.. although we backpacked into the campground, the water supply was not in order so the campground host literally dropped off gallons of water for us. I could get used to that.
    As always, Greylock and the Berkshires were beautiful, especially this time of year. I believe the leaves were peak or pretty darn close to it. We enjoyed taking the Huskies for a nice walk up to a nice lookout and found that we were quite literally in the clouds.
    There was a nice collection of Hammock Gear and Warbonnet Superflies.. I got to examine a gasp Cuben tarp up close and it is sweet stuff. I am still shocked how light it is.
    the 3 four legged friends Ember, Marley,& Hunter sang a sweet melody together....
    And what a great crew we had- I will camp with them again any time.
    Wondering when our next get together will be?
    Thank for participating! You and Mp3prozak, along with Marley and Ember, are welcome to hang with us anytime!

I imaging it won't be very long until a winter trip planning thread starts. Keep your eyes open .

As for the Alpine Butterfly, this may help you get started:

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Looks like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for the reports.
    I'm headed up to the Whites from Florida this weekend for some fall hiking. Those trees are looking nice! It's still 90+ degrees here around Miami, I need a break!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Looks like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for the reports.
    I'm headed up to the Whites from Florida this weekend for some fall hiking. Those trees are looking nice! It's still 90+ degrees here around Miami, I need a break!
    I great time was had by all. It was a very low key event. Most of the time was spent lounging, but hey, we are all hammock lovers and that is what a hammock is for!

The Whites are going to be very pretty when you get there. I wouldn't be suprised if you wake up to some frost one morning.

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, WWBB
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    Woopies.
    Looks like a great trip. Thanks for all the reports. Next trip the wife and I will try to make it.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    I enjoyed reading all your posts.. If I knew there was going to be bacon and spiced rum I would have come (jk) Sounds like you all had a great time . Hoping to join you next time!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
    Looks like a great trip. Thanks for all the reports. Next trip the wife and I will try to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastar View Post
    I enjoyed reading all your posts.. If I knew there was going to be bacon and spiced rum I would have come (jk) Sounds like you all had a great time . Hoping to join you next time!
    We will be glad to have you all, anytime, on any of our trips. Keep you eye out for some trip planning threads. We are going to start organizing a winter hang soon.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Thank for participating! You and Mp3prozak, along with Marley and Ember, are welcome to hang with us anytime!

I imaging it won't be very long until a winter trip planning thread starts. Keep your eyes open .

As for the Alpine Butterfly, this may help you get started:

what kind of cordage do you use to make the butterflies? i ordered a ton of zing it from redden marine
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Alright with the talk of planning a winter I am thinking the first weekend in January. 4-6. To be exact. I will throw this into the planning forum though so please put your comments there. However I also had a great time at the NEHHA trip even though I couldn't stay Saturday. Raiff and R3l@x always a good time hanging with you guys.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast