Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Zaleski overnighter

I headed out to Zaleski for what I intended to be two nights. I parked on Big Four Road off 278 so I could take a short hike into camp H. I walked a short ways up 278 to marker M on the loop map to get to point G. It's only a mile or so from G to H. To my surprise the trail was closed from G to H for some logging to help reclaim the forest. I headed back to the truck to drive around to find another way in to no avail. Once I went back to the main trailhead I noticed the posting about a reroute from G. Once I figured out the issue I had no problem getting on the trail. The reroute called for heading south on the east side of the middle loop from G to marker 11. The reroute starts there and works it's way northeast to Camp H. Turned out to be a really nice hike with clear wide trails. There were just the right amount of ups and downs with some flat hiking to get ready for the next climb. The camp was full. Luckily I found a couple cool guys that didn't mind some company and let me hang in their site. They were on the largest of sites at camp H and plenty of space but I always make sure I'm not cramping other campers out. I started setting up and they seemed really interested in hammock camping so I had a good time yukkin it up for hammocks sake. I also made sure they knew where to go for all the hammock info they could handle. So on this trip it was my first time taking along my HamockGear cuban hex. It's so light. I really enjoyed it. I had no problems getting it adjusted. We had a little rain that night after we hit the sack and I was so relaxed knowing I was good and covered. My temp guage pooped out earlier but I'd guess it got down to the high thirties. I slept great with my 20deg Pheonix and 20deg Burrow. The Lite Owl performed great and never let's me down. After some breakfast and coffe in the morning I packed it up and was on my way back to the truck at a bright and early 11:15. Yeah I had a nice lazy morning. My intentions were to do the north loop and go back down to the trailhead for a short hike up to C for a second night. I decided I would be content with the hike back out as I had enjoyed it on the way in. Once down to the main trailhead I had some lunch there and the more I sat around the colder it seemed. It started raining and I'm no fan of cold and rainy. Snow is a different story. So I decided to pack it up and head home for a warm night with the wife. Short note about lunch, the guy from UGQ( sorry I forgot your name) turned me on to the idea of using string cheese on wraps. He said to drop them in some hot water unopend to melt them. Then you can squeeze them out. It worked out great on some bacon and cheese wraps. I grabbed a box of the ready made bacon and popped them in the microwave before I left to crisp up. Top it off with some cracked peppercorn mozzerella sticks. Melted of course. Here's a few pics of the trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Glad you had a good outing. H camp is my favorite at Zaleski. Cracked peppercorn mozzarella sticks mmm... gotta try those.

David

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Good to hear you had a good trip. The recipes sound interesting.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Glad you had a good outing. H camp is my favorite at Zaleski. Cracked peppercorn mozzarella sticks mmm... gotta try those.

David
    It's my fave now too. It's a better hike in than C IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Good to hear you had a good trip. The recipes sound interesting.
    Can't go wrong with bacon!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Great report, I need to do more overnighters! Yea man those bacon n cheese wraps are great for meals, usually a lunch for me.

Which tarp is that? HG or ZP
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Great report, I need to do more overnighters! Yea man those bacon n cheese wraps are great for meals, usually a lunch for me.

Which tarp is that? HG or ZP
    HammockGear hex

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Nice writeup Mike, felt like I was there. I haven't been on that loop yet, hope to do it soon. Since I saw you last I picked up a couple goodies from Adam. Got my 20 degree Phoenix and Borrow, and a 4S Cuben. I'm ready for my fave camping season to begin. Mmm....bacon! Now that's trail food! Hope to see you all At Zaleski soon. Glad you had a nice time and....cool shirt!

Home Run

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Ooh a 4s, jealous. Hope to catch ya out there soon.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Now I want cheese! Love the airbrush on the shirt. Hate when camps are full but glad you found some chums.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts