WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl-maker View Post
    I wonder how that would be with a pole mod rather than rope on the pullouts?
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ght=cheap+pole

I love the tarp...good job! It certainly is a lot lighter than my Winter Dream.
    Hi and thanks. Nice job on your pole mod. Gotta love thinking out of the box.

I suppose a pole mod would work also but for me that just means 1 more thing to carry. So, I'm pretty sure that I'll just stick with the ultralight version (Zing-it)

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for sharing the modifications your tarp. I think I will try that myself. I to have a Superfly and it is great but a smaller version would come in handing too. I already have a Etowah 8x10 so I am going to follow your example. Thanks again and great work.

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

repeat

I have a similar 8 x 10 straight-edged tarp and wondered how versatile and shelter-like I could make it. This pretty much answered all those concerns.
    Thanks,
    - Martin
    Thanks for sharing the modifications your tarp. I think I will try that myself. I already have a Etowah 8x10 so I am going to follow your example. Thanks again and great work.
    What those hangers said. Another 8x10 owner here, learning from you. Thank you for the post, the spreader bar weight vs. Zing-it weight remark, and especially the pics.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by PineMartyn View Post
    KP,

I was examining my tarp just today to see where I need to add the pullouts, based on the photos you posted. I'm glad you posted your instructions on how to add the pullouts earlier in this thread. Seems simple enough. If there's something else you think I should know about how to add the pullouts or where to position them, don't hesitate to post of send me a private message.

Cheers,
    - Martin
    Hi Martin, Sorry for the delay on answering your question. Somehow I missed your post. What I did was hang the tarp and used grip clips to temporarily locate the ideal position to place the permanent pull-outs. For this tarp it turned out to be just beyond the half way point (closer to the ridgeline). I think that sewing it on exactly at the half way point would have been fine but sometimes I get anal.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyou View Post
    What those hangers said. Another 8x10 owner here, learning from you. Thank you for the post, the spreader bar weight vs. Zing-it weight remark, and especially the pics.
    Thank you and I'm glad that you got something from it.

I believe that a key point in making a tarp this size work is not only the size of the hammock that you intend to cover but the number of tie-outs on the tarp itself. The Etowah is loaded with tie outs so that is what makes it easy to use the ends as "doors".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12