Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images

Hennessy Hangin'

Howdy Hennessy Hangers! Just got a Explorer Ultralight in and wanted to run a question by the more experienced hangers here. How would tying a loop at the end of the hammock work to larks head a whoopie sling work? It seems like it would maintain the factory warranty while affording the convenience of the quick adjusting whoopies. What knot would work the best? I was thinking removing the end cover and tying to the hammock end then reinstalling the end cover.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Bonus questions:

What is the small rectangle of velcro on the bugnet for? Attaching to the loop with male & female velcro on the fixed side of the net?

What are the rings on the inside of the hammock for: Pad attachment?

Thanks again for your help.

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Howdy Hennessy Hangers! Just got a Explorer Ultralight in and wanted to run a question by the more experienced hangers here. How would tying a loop at the end of the hammock work to larks head a whoopie sling work? It seems like it would maintain the factory warranty while affording the convenience of the quick adjusting whoopies. What knot would work the best? I was thinking removing the end cover and tying to the hammock end then reinstalling the end cover.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Read my write up if you want to convert it. If not then just larks head behind their zip tie. I did this over the weekend to demonstrate ring buckles (it already has whoopies but I was showing other options).

Bonus questions:

What is the small rectangle of velcro on the bugnet for? Attaching to the loop with male & female velcro on the fixed side of the net?

What are the rings on the inside of the hammock for: Pad attachment?

Thanks again for your help.
    Must be new. Mine doesn't have either that I'm aware of.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Haven't done the larkshead on a Hennessy. My google jutsu is a bit off (read: to lazy after a big spicy thai red curry) but there is a great vid about adjusting it, I think it is this thread

I just removed the covers did what I wanted at that time (softshackle nowadays) and even left the covers off.

IThe ring question came up not too long ago (I forgot the answer since I don't have them, didn't see a need to keep that part of the brain/memory card occupied ) Try search in the appropriate sub forum...

Got no idea about the piece of velcro you are talking about.... Sorry my HH is about 9 years old, I reckon things change in the meantime ...

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Read my write up[/url] if you want to convert it. If not then just larks head behind their zip tie.
    Thanks! I had seen this before and failed to understand the 2 holes in the hammock were put there by the manufacturer. Makes more sense now!

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks, I watched that last night, and didn't realize the holes were original to the hammock. I'm slow but usually get show up at the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Haven't done the larkshead on a Hennessy. My google jutsu is a bit off (read: to lazy after a big spicy thai red curry) but there is a great vid about adjusting it, I think it is this thread

I just removed the covers did what I wanted at that time (softshackle nowadays) and even left the covers off.

IThe ring question came up not too long ago (I forgot the answer since I don't have them, didn't see a need to keep that part of the brain/memory card occupied ) Try search in the appropriate sub forum...

Got no idea about the piece of velcro you are talking about.... Sorry my HH is about 9 years old, I reckon things change in the meantime ...

Grtz Johan

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I don't have a piece of velcro on mine, but the inside rings are so that you can attach things (like gear bags, etc.) inside and they won't slip down into the sleeping area of hammock. If you're using a pad in there, you can attach those too, I once used a bra strap for exactly that purpose, then I graduated to an UQ.
    Debi

The rings are for attaching the HH double bubble pad to the hammock to keep it from moving around when you move. Older versions don't have them.

No clue about the Velcro unless you have a zipper model and maybe there's a 'hidden' mate that keeps the bug fly out of your way
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Asym
    Tarp
    Equinox
    Insulation
    LeighLo TQ, HHSS
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I have the HH Ex Asym. 2 years old. Zipper entry. Doesn't have the hooks or the velcro. :-(

(I want hooks and velcro!)

• + New Posts