Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Well I am thinking that while June was the next focused car campin group hang I am thinking about tryin to get out there before my schedules fills up in April-July. So I am lookin to see if I can get out again in march. At that point it may be a backpacking trip and when I know more I will throw it out there for those that are interested.
    ===> Sounds like a plan to me!

~ Sky
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    UGQ 0° UQ
    Suspension
    amsteel mishmash
    Like I said at the hang, if there is interest, we can organize a hang on our land up on mt Cardigan. It is a 1.6 mile hike from the lodge parking lot to our site. If the mud isn't too bad you can get a vehicle up our logging road for people who can't manage a hike, but can make it down our dirt driveway(mud path). We have a big section of dense hemlock with no undergrowth near our waterfall that is easy for hanging. There is the clear mountain stream and we would bring bottled water in. Toilet is primitive with a bag system (not smelly and less gross than a port a potty IMO) for hikes you can go down to welton falls, up mht cardigan and firescrew. Kid friendly, no rangers to tell us were hurting the trees' feelings, no quiet hours, no reservations needed
    ~ʎpuıɔ~
    If you teach a child to reason they'll think for a lifetime.
    2019 Great Pumpkin https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/154092-NH-gt-Alexandria-NH-gt-Oct-11-13-2019-gt-Great-Pumpkin-Hang

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    Like I said at the hang, if there is interest, we can organize a hang on our land up on mt Cardigan. It is a 1.6 mile hike from the lodge parking lot to our site. If the mud isn't too bad you can get a vehicle up our logging road for people who can't manage a hike, but can make it down our dirt driveway(mud path). We have a big section of dense hemlock with no undergrowth near our waterfall that is easy for hanging. There is the clear mountain stream and we would bring bottled water in. Toilet is primitive with a bag system (not smelly and less gross than a port a potty IMO) for hikes you can go down to welton falls, up mht cardigan and firescrew. Kid friendly, no rangers to tell us were hurting the trees' feelings, no quiet hours, no reservations needed
    Now that is not a bad idea at all.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Insulation
    Self-inflating pad
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    That sounds like fun.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    alright so those that are interested, there is a thread in trip planning regarding a backpacking trip at the end of March. take a look.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

This forum has been very enjoyable for me, and even though I have not participated in any group hangs with you, I love to keep getting prepared for it.

Last year(may 2012) I joined the HF and read lots of stuff, immediately bought an eno double nest, realized it may not be the best, so I started buying silnylon, light weight biners and rings and other things to modify, build another, and otherwise make a DIY hammock, something to be proud of and also be very comfortable in all kinds of weather.

Come time for last years hang I started getting weaker and weaker, and very short of breath.
    I almost signed up for the hang, but did not know how I could power my necessary breathing equipment, so I hesitated.
    Then began a long bout of doctor visits, hospital visits, testing, etc.
    So as it turned out I had no time for camping, although I was with you all in spirit.

Testing all came back negative, which means only one thing it turns out.... ALS.
    Lou Gherigs disease is the diagnosis after they rule out everything else, and the symptoms get worse, as I understand it.
    So this year I am even more short of breath, and my arms are terribly weak also.

The writing is on the wall... no more thoughts about camping, hanging or otherwise. (Well, I CAN still think about it)

That being said, I still have all this material (silnylon, netting, thread, stakes, poles etc.)
    that is in development, never cut sewn or used, including some tablecloths, that I am in need to give away if someone is willing to come and get it. Could be good for scouts.

If you are interested please PM me with your phone # and we can talk and I can give you more details.

Peter
    Last edited by petez; 12-08-2013 at 20:41.
    PoleHangin everywhere

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    Quote Originally Posted by petez View Post
    This forum has been very enjoyable for me, and even though I have not participated in any group hangs with you, I love to keep getting prepared for it.

Last year(may 2012) I joined the HF and read lots of stuff, immediately bought an eno double nest, realized it may not be the best, so I started buying silnylon, light weight biners and rings and other things to modify, build another, and otherwise make a DIY hammock, something to be proud of and also be very comfortable in all kinds of weather.

Come time for last years hang I started getting weaker and weaker, and very short of breath.
    I almost signed up for the hang, but did not know how I could power my necessary breathing equipment, so I hesitated.
    Then began a long bout of doctor visits, hospital visits, testing, etc.
    So as it turned out I had no time for camping, although I was with you all in spirit.

Testing all came back negative, which means only one thing it turns out.... ALS.
    Lou Gherigs disease is the diagnosis after they rule out everything else, and the symptoms get worse, as I understand it.
    So this year I am even more short of breath, and my arms are terribly weak also.

The writing is on the wall... no more thoughts about camping, hanging or otherwise. (Well, I CAN still think about it)

That being said, I still have all this material (silnylon, netting, thread, stakes, poles etc.)
    that is in development, never cut sewn or used, including some tablecloths, that I am in need to give away if someone is willing to come and get it. Could be good for scouts.

If you are interested please PM me with your phone # and we can talk and I can give you more details.

Peter

Sorry to hear this news Peter, I wish you all the best in battling this.
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Petez

I wish you could join us anyway for a spring or summer hang. You wouldn't have to do a thing, just sit, eat, enjoy the camp fire and sleep...wait that's what we do all of the time.

A winter hang might be too much but spring or summer the hang sights are located right next to the parking lot. Would love to meet you if you change your mind.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

Winter NEHHA hang

Petez, we will do whatever we can to assist and help out to ensure you can make a hang and that you are comfortable. Let us know what we can do to help. PM me with detail and/or questions.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    I agree with Veto, come to the spring hang we'll help you out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast