Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images

Plans have been drafted

I just finished drafting the "TM Chair Stand" plans and thought you might like a preview...

I think the "Blue Print" is cool but it makes the job look way more complicated then it actually is, if you agree...no worries...I'm working on a short "Step-by-Step" now, hope to post the PDF by tomorrow afternoon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Thanks for the blue print. It doesn't look to complicated. I will have to make one of these.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Those are some sharp-looking plans, [0]TTeR. Great idea to have this stand for the Winter Recliner 2. By the way are you actually getting to use it now or is the family still claiming priority?

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    Thanks for the blue print. It doesn't look to complicated. I will have to make one of these.
    You’re most welcome, please post pic’s if you make one!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    Those are some sharp-looking plans, [0]TTeR. Great idea to have this stand for the Winter Recliner 2. By the way are you actually getting to use it now or is the family still claiming priority?
    Not unlike many epic battles throughout the history of Man (Zama, Hasting, Waterloo and of course...the relentless Coke/Pepsi Ad wars that victimized the masses throughout the 80’s), the skirmish of the Winter Recliner raged on But!... this day has gone in my favor as I sit victorious in the chair of battle, enjoying the spoils of downy goodness! I'm preparing to watch the LOTR on BlueRay (my most observed autumn tradition!), If your going to sit for 10 hours, this is the chair to do it in .

I’d like to report that I stood against overwhelming odds and emerged victorious taking the recliner by force but honestly, the truth is far less enthralling! Mrs[o] got called into work today, I'm only getting time in the chair be default. I need to get the other one finished ASAP!

I have finished and attached the final PDF completing the WR-II Set, I hope you find these documents helpful and please post pics if you make a recliner!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 10-28-2012 at 15:57.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    The blueprints look like the Death Star - amazing!

And a great day to sit down for some epic battles, swordplay and some wizardry!!!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I was going to try to make one this weekend, but wasn't sure what size wood to get. Now with the blue prints, I just need to get to the store for materials. It may be a week or two before I get a chance, but will, most certainly.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    I am late to this post and conversation, but somehow, I missed your original posting for nearly two weeks. I apologize - unforgivable on my part, especially after viewing you latest masterpiece.

First I was blown away by the Snow Beast….. then the Winter Recliner I……and now this – words simply fail me.

[oTTeR], your work is on a whole another level from anything I have seen here on this forum or elsewhere. This is the equivalent of a London bespoke tailored suit. Simply beautiful.

If you ever do decide to commercialize your work, I hereby pledge to make the first order – as well as the second, third, fourth, etc.!

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    The blueprints look like the Death Star - amazing!

And a great day to sit down for some epic battles, swordplay and some wizardry!!!
    When I was half way through the draft, I stopped a zoomed out to see the whole design, the first thing that came to mind was “looks like a Missile Launcher”…” Titan, the novelty nuclear missile! You never know when it'll go off! Surprise your friends, amuse your enemies, start the party with a bang!” I’m also a Monty Python Fan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I was going to try to make one this weekend, but wasn't sure what size wood to get. Now with the blue prints, I just need to get to the store for materials. It may be a week or two before I get a chance, but will, most certainly.
    I used 2x4 framing lumber for the first stand, cheap but the stuff isn’t pretty. I want to stain and properly finish the next stand so I’m thinking Maple or I might kill my tools on some oak.
    Quote Originally Posted by AkFly View Post
    I am late to this post and conversation, but somehow, I missed your original posting for nearly two weeks. I apologize - unforgivable on my part, especially after viewing you latest masterpiece.

First I was blown away by the Snow Beast….. then the Winter Recliner I……and now this – words simply fail me.

[oTTeR], your work is on a whole another level from anything I have seen here on this forum or elsewhere. This is the equivalent of a London bespoke tailored suit. Simply beautiful.

If you ever do decide to commercialize your work, I hereby pledge to make the first order – as well as the second, third, fourth, etc.!
    Almost rendered speechless by these compliments, thank you! DIY hammock gear has become an outlet for skills that I no longer use professionally. I currently work in the Software industry but before this, I was a full-time Photographer and Graphic designer. Between the two roles, I’ve designed and built a lot of studio sets and props, the required skills are very transferable to DIY. Making gear offsets the 40+ “creative stunting” hours I spend in a cubicle every week. I don’t regret the career change; it’s difficult to put your kids through University as a “Starving Artist” but I do miss it, my DIY gear is the result.
    I will protect the Intellectual Property of any gear I’ve” reverse engineered” for ethical/moral reasons but my own IP is an open book which, is why I published the docs for the WR-II. Unfortunately this is as close to “commercial” l as I will get, I’m a “day-dreaming” want-a-be gear designer not a business man (discovered that the hard way trust me!)
    My Photos My Videos

This is great. Thanks for the stand instructions....now it's off to work on this thing.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nosam35 View Post
    This is great. Thanks for the stand instructions....now it's off to work on this thing.
    Np, let me know if you have any questions??

An interesting and potentially concerning observation was sent to me in PM, the Head Post in the LOTR shot appears to curve under stress. The post is pine and will flex but this turned out to be a slight "Fish-eye" visual effect caused but setting my DSLR Zoom lens down to 18mm to get most of the room in the shot. The shot was cropped off-center so you don’t see it on the other side.

That being said, the pine "framing" wood is cheap for reason (soft and lower quality), had I known this project was going to be successful I would have made the prototype out of hardwood! The next stand will be maple (I think?).

P.s. The same Fish-Eye effect is also making me look 20/30lbs more "fluffy" then I actually am
    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 10-29-2012 at 13:13.
    My Photos My Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast