Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images

The Winter Recliner II

My primary objective with the Winter Recliner project was to develop gear that would make sitting for long periods more comfortable. In addition, I needed to reduce my pack size and weight to accommodate the additional camera equipment I carry on a regular bases. The new gear had to be versatile and replace existing items in my kit. The original Winter Recliner (WR) effectively served as both, a chair and 3s UnderQuilt but the WR-II goes a step further with more versatility and it folds out to a full length 11’ hammock to complete what I consider, an “All-In-One” solution.

The attached Docs/Instructions are based on the WR-II prototype, I’ve done my best to explain and illustrate the steps but doc writing is not my forte, a lot of the DIY basics are implied. As a fellow DIY’r, I encourage you customize and adapt the design to suite your size and gear requirements. The type/weight of fabric and type/quality of insulation you use is a preference and entirely up to you. In short, clone or create… your call.

Please bear with me on the instructions for the stand, they are forthcoming! I’m currently accessorizing it with a Foot Rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

• + New Posts