Hello - Forum member Tikhon turned me on to this site. What an awesome gathering of hammock info!! Love it!

I've been sleeping in a net hammock, sleeping bag and tarp for the last 30+ years. Last year, one of the dads in my cub scout pack showed up with this fancy fabric hammock thingy and turned my hammock noggin upside down...

Current gear - Hammock Bliss single with no seeum netting. One inch webbing for tree straps. Hammock Bliss supplied rope and a cam buckle strap to tighten. Cheepie blue tarp suspended and tied out with mason's line and staked.

Trip Report - Spent last weekend in the woods with a group of 200 youth and adults from my cub scout pack. I was the only hammock sleeper... Friday night had a low of 30 degrees - I flipped my hammock over with the bug net on the bottem and slipped my 40 degree bag in there for insulation. Z Rest waffle foam pad under me and slipped into my 20 degree bag. Dressed in two layers, hat, bandana over my face and gloves. Woke up at 1am feeling like a Thanksgiving turkey that had just popped it's button. Frying hot... Stripped down and enjoyed the night (outside of a Barred Owl that sat over my head hooting for an hour...). Saturday night had a low of 55 degrees so I swapped the bags around and slept in my light bag unzipped - awesome sleep!!

Question - I'm used to hanging my hammock really tight between two trees and sleeping in the middle. What's up with all the diagonal sleepers? Guessing I'd have to hang my hammock loose and hope there's enough fabric in my Bliss to get diagonal?

Question - Woke up both mornings with condensation in the waffles of my foam pad. What's up with that? Also had a little dewy condesation on top of my bag (slept with the tarp pushed down to my waist) and thought that was normal. Just not sure what was up with the condesation under me.

Again great site and thanks to any replies in advance.

Roger