Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    That looks pretty good Diva, and now I want to make one even more. Seems pretty easy, but I may change my mind once I start sewing.
    Thanks Ber
    "No whining in the woods"

Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Ok, so the X is the trees, dashes are dynaglide whoopies and the line is a 2mm dogbone, 0 is the biners (I'll have to look up dogbone)

X-------0___________0----------x

I understand the chair corners are all four 2mm whoopie (dynaglide?) and they are then attached meeting at the top with a biner on each side (the solid line above is part of the chair set up...stays with the chair?)) and you then attach those points to the dashes above.

I think I get this Do you get me Wish I knew how to do more of the computer drawling stuff, but oh well.
    The 2mm whoopies and dogbone (just a fixed length of cord with a locked brummel on each end) were made with STS-12-75 (similar to dynaglide without the waxy coating). These all attach to the biners directly, as do the whoopies to the trees. (your diagram is correct, but the four corners of the chair attach to the binders labeled O) Perhaps this picture will help make it clear:

This is the left hand side as one is sitting in the chair. The green whoopie goes to the tree. The horizontal white line going to the left of the picture is the dogbone. The white lines angling down are the adjustable loops of two whoopies going to the back and seat.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    That looks pretty good Diva, and now I want to make one even more. Seems pretty easy, but I may change my mind once I start sewing.
    Thanks Ber
    Glad ya like it Baja.
    Last edited by BER; 10-29-2012 at 15:47.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Man, I wish I could make cool stuff! I want one.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    BER if you get an ugly, unwanted 10 ounce rejected proto type, I'll take it/buy it from ya! That would cut the weight in half for me. I currently use a Crazy Creek chair at 20 ozs. But man a 10 ouncer and being off the ground when sitting under my tarp, priceless!
    I'd be way too embarrassed to send proto1. Trust me when I say the stitching "left some to be desired", particularly in the semicircle of the seat. Perhaps a later proto, or a final production once I get it down...
    Last edited by BER; 10-29-2012 at 15:47.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It ain't fer lookin at. It's fer sittin in! It doesn't have to be pretty but I understand. Keep me in mind though. Thanks!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Thanks bunches BER, I really appreciate you hanging in there with me, doing the other picture, and telling me what a dogbone is. (having 10 dogs, made that one a bit difficult for me to not take it literally ) I love this. When I stop running out of money I'll need to contact my cord man Dweller7 and have him make me up a bunch of things. (heck, still never got my husbands continuous loops for his hammock yet)....add it all to the "TO DO LIST" darn thing is getting pretty long!

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    No posts from BER in a while. Just wondering if any more progress has been made?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Nah. Have been busy with work.
    The design is essentially complete as above. I have fabric to make a couple more and will probably use darts instead of the U shaped seat, but that is a minor modification.

Some other progress you were hoping for?

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Order forms

No, seriously though some detailed pics of the final product would be awesome. Probably quite a few of us that would like to try making one.
    Plans would be even better! Save us all from buying the heavy one and retracing your steps. You test pilot types are invaluable to us DIY'ers!
    Thanks for sharing your work with us.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Working this week, but have much of next week off. I'll see if I can get motivated, do one with darts and write it up. Can't promise as I have a bunch of stuff to get done before year's end. I'll PM ya when I get it completed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast