I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wow.....the water was low. Those droughts are disconcerting for sure.
    Smart to leave the clamorous campground. I would have too. Kinda wrecks the tranquility we go to seek solo.
    Take care of the ankle.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Outstanding, ive always loved it over there, great job!
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Another great video Bruciehi5! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Whenever I see this thread name, I can't help but see Data from Goonies:

"I'm setting booty traps."
    "...You mean booby traps."
    "That's what I said! Booby traps!"
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Hello, born2roam,
    That sounds like a plan, OutandBack. As I type this, it’s about 2AM in the U.S. so you’ll be fast a sleep dreaming of the next time you get to hang in your hammock. Wait a minute, it’s only 11:56 in Denver, so maybe you’re not in Z land yet.
    Just finished. Excellent video Bruciehi5 as always.
    That was some serious rock scrambling.
    Hiking up an a stream bed was a very cool idea.
    Who cares if there not a lot of miles it the journey that counts and that journey was beautiful.
    One will never get up close and personal with nature flying down a trail.

I did have a couple questions.
    TV from the hammock? Recorded movie, streaming TV from the internet? Please elaborate.
    Are you required to sleep in the established camp grounds or can you setup camp anywhere?

Thanks again for the great entertainment.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Good video Brucie. Its tough work hiking up stream beds but is fun as well, as long as you don't have to get anywhere. My favorite trips are the ones that just unfold. I never care about the miles, just the adventure. I really liked the bird calls in the middle of the video, especially the one that was loud and whip like sounding. Such different sounds than i'm use to. Beautiful Python. Take care of that ankle. Thanks

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    TV from the hammock? Recorded movie, streaming TV from the internet? Please elaborate.

Are you required to sleep in the established camp grounds or can you setup camp anywhere?

Not sure about any of your questions, heck I am not even BrucieHi5 but I reckon he means a campfire (bush television / bush telly / idiot box) for the first part.

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Loved the video! That's an amazing snake, but I agree those are some WILD bird calls - That would freak me out if I heard those in the middle of the night! Guess it's all a matter of what you're used to . . .

Oh and hey, major fav points for the wireless mic setup (very impressive to us sound engineers!)

-Klauss
    Last edited by Klaussinator; 10-19-2012 at 14:43. Reason: add
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by johmar View Post
    bruchie,
    i'll watch the vid on the weekend.
    Have to say after following your vids-the title concerned me for a bit;-)
    Yes, the last thing I should be doing is going anywhere near booby traps. lol I survived it though, just a sprained ankle or two, that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Gorgeous trip there, Brucie!

Liked the sleepy python and the booby trap shots as you climbed. That's an heck of a "track". Looks more like straight climbing for most of it. I'd hate to see what the "difficult" one looks like, if that's the mid-range one...

Sounds like you're getting weather very similar to what we've got down here in FL right now; mid- to high-eighties F (~30 C) during the day and mid-fifties to mid-sixties F (~13 to ~18 C) at night. Wonderful weather for hiking.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope that it's healed up right since your trip; foot troubles are never fun. What kind of shoe are you using? Honestly, I find that--with pack weights below 30 lbs (~13.5 kg)--low-tops tend to do better by my ankles. Of course, my ankles are the one portion of my lower body that's never given me any serious trouble, so...

Not that it would have helped on this trip, but having a pair of trekking poles helps me on terrain that's walkable (as opposed to being climbable): having the ability to plant one really quick to keep my balance has helped a couple of times when I've started to trip or stepped wrong on a rock. Especially on my Foothills Trail trip; the trail up that way has enough roots to catch you once you're exhausted, for sure.

I look forward to more of your videos now that you're coming into summer. I'm just the opposite with videos: I like the cold, and I watch 'em over my morning coffee . Thanks for this one!
    Hi there FLRider,

Me too! The South East Ridge climb was hard enough for me, so I’d hate to see the really hard ones. I made a video of that SE Ridge climb called, 2 Well Hung Nights 1 Mountain Climbed.

Florida and Brisbane have much the same weather, which is my idea of nice, most of the time.

The ankles are ok now, just about as good as new. My shoes are Inov8 Roclite 288 GTX. For the most part, they are fantastic and I like them “almost” as much as my hammocks.

I sometimes use my tripod as a kind of trekking pole and it has been known to save the day, on more than the odd occasion, very handy for some creek crossings too.

Your welcome for the video! Hopefully I’ll do a bike type ride and hang soon, there’s a rail trail near here that looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TRU View Post
    Looks like a great trip!! Great camera and audio work! If you don't mind me asking, what camera/mic we're you using?
    Hello TRU the new Hammock Forum Member! Looks like you’ve got yourself a really good set up, you should be happy with your selection – you chose wisely Grasshopper! The WB Edge is a good tarp too, it would be better if it had side pull outs, but it’s a good all-rounder, like the Blackbird.

Ooops, I’ve gone off track and I haven’t even started...

Now, the camera is the GoPro Hero 2. Because the sound quality is rock bottom, a separate audio recording method is necessary. Any voice recorder will do the job, but it has to have a USB thing, so the recordings can be transferred to a computer. The one I use is, Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC. I plug a mic into the recorder and attach the mic to the inside of my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Wow.....the water was low. Those droughts are disconcerting for sure.
    Smart to leave the clamorous campground. I would have too. Kinda wrecks the tranquility we go to seek solo.
    Take care of the ankle.
    Shug
    Hi there Mr Shug! I hope you’re well and your knee is behaving itself, and again, you’re gearing up for another hike and hang! Yes, those people sure did wreck the tranquillity, that’s for sure to be sure, I’m sure, they sure did! One of them looked just like BlazeAway, but with dyed black hair.

Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    Outstanding, ive always loved it over there, great job!
    Thanks crackrbilly, thanks for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed the trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Another great video Bruciehi5! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure.
    Hello there raiffnuke! That’s ok and if you want to, you can come along on my next adventure. Only 2 and a bit mouths till your annual Winter NEHHA Hang, I hope you, or someone, makes a video of it, so I can see what it’s like!

Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    Whenever I see this thread name, I can't help but see Data from Goonies:

"I'm setting booty traps."
    "...You mean booby traps."
    "That's what I said! Booby traps!"
    I’ll see if I can get a copy of Goonies, it looks like a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Just finished. Excellent video Bruciehi5 as always.
    That was some serious rock scrambling.
    Hiking up an a stream bed was a very cool idea.
    Who cares if there not a lot of miles it the journey that counts and that journey was beautiful.
    One will never get up close and personal with nature flying down a trail.

Thanks OutandBack, I’m glad you liked it! It was some seriously enjoyable rock scrambling, it was kind of like a natural theme park ride. Yeah the distance was low, but there was something new and interesting above every waterfall.

I lug a pretty heavy, Cowon A2 MP4 player around with me. I’ve got some cord attached to the ridgeline of my hammock and I attach the MP4 player to the cord. So, when I’m kicking back in my hammy, I can watch a movie. I usually fall asleep pretty quick, it’s not easy to stay awake in a hammock. lol I should leave it at home and just enjoy being out in the sticks.

Very much so! Stealth camping is a big no, no, around here – just about everything is. I always book to stay at a camp ground, but for “safety reasons,” sometimes I have no choice but to stealth camp.

You’re welcome for the video, OutandBack!

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Good video Brucie. Its tough work hiking up stream beds but is fun as well, as long as you don't have to get anywhere. My favorite trips are the ones that just unfold. I never care about the miles, just the adventure. I really liked the bird calls in the middle of the video, especially the one that was loud and whip like sounding. Such different sounds than i'm use to. Beautiful Python. Take care of that ankle. Thanks

bill
    Hi mbiraman,

Yes, creeks are great fun, like you said, as long as you’re not in a hurry to get somewhere. Me too, it’s good to have a plan and it’s usually better when things don’t go to plan. I like it when the hike unfolds as I go. Sounds like we think alike when it comes to hikes. Speaking of birds, have a look at this short video, I think you’ll really like it:

Amazing! Bird sounds from the lyre bird - David Attenborough - BBC wildlife
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y

Thanks for your comments, mbiraman, it was good to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Not sure about any of your questions, heck I am not even BrucieHi5 but I reckon he means a campfire (bush television / bush telly / idiot box) for the first part.

Grtz Johan
    I think it must be some kind of sin to take a TV (MP4 player) camping. It’s something you’d expect from a ground dweller. I should take my tealight candle – shame on me! Fires aren't allowed around here in most places I hike, so the bush TV is usually out.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaussinator View Post
    Loved the video! That's an amazing snake, but I agree those are some WILD bird calls - That would freak me out if I heard those in the middle of the night! Guess it's all a matter of what you're used to . . .

Oh and hey, major fav points for the wireless mic setup (very impressive to us sound engineers!)

-Klauss
    Hi there, Klaussinator, thanks for letting me know you liked the video, that’s good! I just posted a link to a short video for, mbiraman and I think you’ll enjoy watching it too. When I was hiking, I thought one of the birds was the Lyre Bird, as you’ll see in the video, if you watch it, if it was the Lyre Bird, it could have been the only bird – amazing! The bird in the following video will probably freak you out! lol

Amazing! Bird sounds from the lyre bird - David Attenborough - BBC wildlife
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y

As a sound engineer, I’m sure you would have heard that terrible crack sound, mostly at the start of day two. That was caused by the dodgy rewiring job I did on the lavalier mic. I changed the mono mic jack to a stereo jack. The outside screw in cover kept unscrewing and while loose, it would short out the wires - something like that. I bought a program that I hoped would remove the crack sound, but it didn’t work. I’ve had a lot of problems with sound, but am slowly sorting it out.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Bruciehi5, don't worry, we will get lots of pictures and hopefully lots of video from the Winter NEHHA!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast