DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Hi there FLRider,

Me too! The South East Ridge climb was hard enough for me, so I’d hate to see the really hard ones. I made a video of that SE Ridge climb called, 2 Well Hung Nights 1 Mountain Climbed.

Florida and Brisbane have much the same weather, which is my idea of nice, most of the time.

The ankles are ok now, just about as good as new. My shoes are Inov8 Roclite 288 GTX. For the most part, they are fantastic and I like them “almost” as much as my hammocks.

I sometimes use my tripod as a kind of trekking pole and it has been known to save the day, on more than the odd occasion, very handy for some creek crossings too.

Your welcome for the video! Hopefully I’ll do a bike type ride and hang soon, there’s a rail trail near here that looks interesting.
    Glad to hear your ankles are doing much better. Fighting some forefoot soreness right now m'self from running, and I'd forgotten how much I hate it when my feet hurt.

I look forward to seeing your bike trip, for sure!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Thanks for that BrucieHi5, I really enjoyed the report. Well done.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Hi BrucieHi5

Those whip birds are the best. I wonder if they recovered on Fraser. LOL

This walk up the creek reminds me off Mt Walsh National Park. I would love to do that walk one day soon, the camp sites look great, apart from the noisy ground dwellers.

Is this walk in the South East QLD book?
    I doubt it, Phillipsart, you up set them birds pretty good!

The walk sure is in the book, on page 290.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    The Eastern whipbird is quite an attractive Native Australian bird, both the male and the female are similar in size and appearance. These birds have a white throat and underparts, an olive green back and wings, with a dark slate grey colour which progresses towards black which is on the birds head and belly

The Eastern whipbird as per its name does actually sound just like the sharp crack of a stock mans whip and these calls can be heard echoing up and down the wet gullies and creeks where this Australian bird resides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7VyR...e_gdata_player
    The whipbird sounds nifty!

Thanks for adding that video! I went looking for a video to show mbiraman what the bird making that sound looked like and found that other video. mbiraman said it sounded like a whip and as it turns out, that’s its name. Here’s what he typed:

“I really liked the bird calls in the middle of the video, especially the one that was loud and whip like sounding.”

Thanks for watching and for adding your comments, Phillipsart!

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Thanks for that BrucieHi5, I really enjoyed the report. Well done.
    Hi, Redoleary! Thanks for taking the time to watch the video, it’s nice to know someone enjoyed it!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Bruciehi5,

Thanks so much for another entertaining video. Love to see your side of the world. It is so different. I like how you added a microphone. The sound was great. How did you edit the sound to the picture ? It would seem to me to be quite difficult to do. Whatever way you did it, it turned out excellent.

I use a Kodak Playsport for my videos but would like to have some sort of microphone like you did. What brand/model of sound recording device did you use ?

Again Bruciehi5, thanks for taking us along on your adventure.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    You’re welcome for the video, BLUEFIN 774!

We are lucky to have this forum. It gives as the chance to see where the world of hangers, hike and hang.

Editing the sound to the picture is more fiddling than it is difficult. While out hiking and filming, I use the clapperboard technique that real film makers use. I don’t carry a clapperboard around with me, I just clap my hands together while in front of the camera.

Then, while editing the video together, I match up the sound of the clap with the point where my hands come together when I clap.

How to Synchronize Audio and Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJob20BWrlk

I use an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC with a clip on mic plugged into it. It’s a bit of a nauseous to start with, but not so fiddly now that I’m getting the hang of it. I have to switch the camera on, then the voice recorder, then say what file I’m up to in the camera and the recorder then clap. like this... GoPro 4, audio 2, clap. I use that to find and match up the audio and video during the editing process.

The main thing with the voice recorder is to get one with USB, so you can transfer the files to your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey Bruciehi5,

Thanks so much for another entertaining video. Love to see your side of the world. It is so different. I like how you added a microphone. The sound was great. How did you edit the sound to the picture ? It would seem to me to be quite difficult to do. Whatever way you did it, it turned out excellent.

I use a Kodak Playsport for my videos but would like to have some sort of microphone like you did. What brand/model of sound recording device did you use ?

Again Bruciehi5, thanks for taking us along on your adventure.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Bruciehi5, but I'd like to give my 2¢ on syncing sound and video. I've been using a gopro and a zoom h1 recorder, the gopro is crap for sound as you know. To sync the two I have been using a dog training clicker . It seemed that every time I wanted to clap my hands at least one was busy doing something else. The clicker is loud enough to be picked up by the gopro so I just sync the audio spikes in post, no need to capture the clap on video. Once sync'd I delete the gopro audio and only use the zoom audio.
    In a video I'm working on right now if you happen to watch it (should I ever actually finish it) you can see me holding the clicker, forgot to put it in my pocket.
    Hope that makes sense and is helpful.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Bruciehi5, but I'd like to give my 2¢ on syncing sound and video. I've been using a gopro and a zoom h1 recorder, the gopro is crap for sound as you know. To sync the two I have been using a dog training clicker . It seemed that every time I wanted to clap my hands at least one was busy doing something else. The clicker is loud enough to be picked up by the gopro so I just sync the audio spikes in post, no need to capture the clap on video. Once sync'd I delete the gopro audio and only use the zoom audio.
    In a video I'm working on right now if you happen to watch it (should I ever actually finish it) you can see me holding the clicker, forgot to put it in my pocket.
    Hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Yes, I had a clicker, but found it too fiddly. It was bad enough having a camera and a sound recorder to deal with, adding the clicker to the mix was a bit much for me. So, I gave my clicker to Phillipsart, who seems to really like it. My video editor didn’t show up the sound spike in the GoPro sound track enough to be useful, which didn’t help.

Thanks for adding that bit of info, Redoleary, you and Phillipsart like the clicker, so I’m sure others will find the clicker to be good too.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    And the nice thing about clapping is that you almost never misplace your hands. That can't be said for the clicker.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I may look into this a little further. I watched the video tutorial and that helped.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    The clicker is working out great for me, so far I not misplaced it. The clicker works great with Final Cut Pro. A lot better than clapping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234