WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.

Arrow Booby Trap Creek

Mt Barney circuit hike, with new terrain and highlight of the hike being, Mt Barney Gorge. There are nine official ways to climb Mt Barney and a total of 30, including the unofficial, ways to the top, This is the third way I’ve climbed up Mt Barney, but about the fifth, or sixth time I’ve climbed it. It’s one of those places that has a special “feel” about it, I enjoy being out there and I hope you enjoy coming along for the hike with me.

Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    YES! Right on time BrucieHi5, now I know what I am gonna watch after dinner!

Thanks in advance!

Grtz Johan (off to prepare dinner first...)
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    That was probably the best way to let my spicy italian pasta concoction settle.

Seeing snakes (love the python!), great Ozzie views and enjoying your company (so to speak) while sipping a cold beer.

How much water do you (approx.) use with the shower? I got the Sea2Summit shower too but don't use it too much. Iirc testing it with 9 liters it gave me a shower of 8 minutes ....

Thanks for sharing.

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Looks like a great trip, thanks for taking us along. That looked like one heck of a climb through the rocks and boulders.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Looked to be a great time, Brucie. Thanks for bringing us along. And I feel your pain with the rolled ankle, mine do that quite a lot as well.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Images
    subscribing to watch in the morning. Don't want to miss this one. Will edit with comments after watching. thank you.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    That was probably the best way to let my spicy italian pasta concoction settle.

Seeing snakes (love the python!), great Ozzie views and enjoying your company (so to speak) while sipping a cold beer.

How much water do you (approx.) use with the shower? I got the Sea2Summit shower too but don't use it too much. Iirc testing it with 9 liters it gave me a shower of 8 minutes ....

Thanks for sharing.

Grtz Johan
    Hello, born2roam,

It’s good when there’s a video to watch just when you’re ready to watch one. Spicy... chilli kind of spicy I hope. The python was pretty good. The other one was small and looked really small on the video. It was only about 8 or 9 inches long, fast though. Pasta, and a video washed down with a coldy sounds like a good time to me.

I use as little water as possible. I’ve got the Sea2Summit pocket shower (probably the same as yours) and I about one quarter to one third fill it. At a guess, I’d say it would be 3 to 4 litres, a bit less than a gallon. That gives me about 3 or 4 minutes of shower time. The less cold water I put in it, the less hot water I have to add to take the chill out of it. I might show how I hang it from trees, in a future video. I’ve come up with an easier way to do it that makes it easier to find the right tree for the job.

Hammock camping is great, hammock camping “clean” is even better. I find I sleep better in my hammy, if a have a shower.

Anyway, born2roam, thanks for taking the time to watch the video and thanks for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Looks like a great trip, thanks for taking us along. That looked like one heck of a climb through the rocks and boulders.
    Hi there, 2ply! Yeah, it was a great trip, shorter than expected, but still great! It was a heck of a “good” climb through the rocks and boulders, I really enjoyed it and will be doing it again, maybe up then back down the next day. Thanks for commenting!

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Looked to be a great time, Brucie. Thanks for bringing us along. And I feel your pain with the rolled ankle, mine do that quite a lot as well.
    You’re welcome for the bring along, Catavarie! It seems to be that when I start rolling ankles, it’s easy to get on a roll, so to speak, and keep doing them. Strangely, the next day, both ankles were a bit on the sore side, but they came good in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    subscribing to watch in the morning. Don't want to miss this one. Will edit with comments after watching. thank you.
    That sounds like a plan, OutandBack. As I type this, it’s about 2AM in the U.S. so you’ll be fast a sleep dreaming of the next time you get to hang in your hammock. Wait a minute, it’s only 11:56 in Denver, so maybe you’re not in Z land yet.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DD Traveller
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    bruchie,
    i'll watch the vid on the weekend.
    Have to say after following your vids-the title concerned me for a bit;-)

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Gorgeous trip there, Brucie!

Liked the sleepy python and the booby trap shots as you climbed. That's an heck of a "track". Looks more like straight climbing for most of it. I'd hate to see what the "difficult" one looks like, if that's the mid-range one...

Sounds like you're getting weather very similar to what we've got down here in FL right now; mid- to high-eighties F (~30 C) during the day and mid-fifties to mid-sixties F (~13 to ~18 C) at night. Wonderful weather for hiking.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope that it's healed up right since your trip; foot troubles are never fun. What kind of shoe are you using? Honestly, I find that--with pack weights below 30 lbs (~13.5 kg)--low-tops tend to do better by my ankles. Of course, my ankles are the one portion of my lower body that's never given me any serious trouble, so...

Not that it would have helped on this trip, but having a pair of trekking poles helps me on terrain that's walkable (as opposed to being climbable): having the ability to plant one really quick to keep my balance has helped a couple of times when I've started to trip or stepped wrong on a rock. Especially on my Foothills Trail trip; the trail up that way has enough roots to catch you once you're exhausted, for sure.

I look forward to more of your videos now that you're coming into summer. I'm just the opposite with videos: I like the cold, and I watch 'em over my morning coffee . Thanks for this one!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBBB XLC Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Looks like a great trip!! Great camera and audio work! If you don't mind me asking, what camera/mic we're you using?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast