To start off, funds are limited because I am a college student. I was hoping I could get some advice on what to do in order to get my set up rated to maybe 20F or so. I am planning a few trips in the coming weeks where the lows are typically in the high 20s or low 30s.

I have my own hammock I made from Blue Rip Stop nylon that I use a sheet bend on with a webbing suspension system.

I know that I will need the following:
Under Insulation
Top Insulation
Tarp

For under insulation I was thinking a CCF Pad with a space blanket glued on to reflect radiant heat. I also plan to utilize a small polyethylene tarp as a weather shield to help block wind coming underneath the hammock. An UQ really is not an option because I have neither the time to make one or money to get one.

As top insulation I plan on bringing a synthetic sleeping bag rated for 0F to use as a poor man's top-quilt. I figure something rated for 0F will help offset having no UQ.

I plan on finding a tarp that is about 12'x12' to use as general weather protection. I will probably use para cord and stakes to keep it in place.

I will use boiling water in a Nalgene if need be.

Comments/Thoughts?