Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Anyone interested in a few days on the Bruce Trail?

Hey, I am planning on hiking a few days on the Bruce trail, probably sometime during the week of Oct 29 (am thinking maybe 29-1 or 30-2). I was also tossing up the idea of taking the bike down south for the week and hitting the BRP and places around there as a possibility but think the woods would be a healthier (sitting on the bike for days = +3 lbs - hiking 80+km = -3lbs) and cheaper option.

Just putting this out in case someone else is interested in doing some of the Bruce and has a few days off. I sort of have it in my head to section hike the entire trail and have already done from Hamilton to Speyside Conservation area (corner of Hwy25 and Sideroad 15 north of Milton) most of that solo. I would love to have my wife come out with me but she is starting a new job that week and for obvious reasons can not come.

My plan is on getting dropped off around the same area where I left off last time (Speyside), although I may have to start from the 401 again due to logistics, and head north as far as I can in the 4 days. I'm fairly fit and plan on 20+km daily, depending on the light situation as I'm not planning on hiking into the night. The mileage is quite flexible however, when going solo I am happy to do 20-30km with breaks. I've discovered this is in direct relation to what time I get my butt out of my warm and toasty hammock on a cold/wet morning.

I'll of course be hanging where ever I stop for the night and am planning on bringing enough food for the trip, I filter my water from whatever sources I find on the trail. My wife will pick me up at the end of day 4 on her way home from work in the evening. Long range forecast shows temps in the mid-high single digits as a high and around 3c as a low nightly. That means my 20 degree UQ and TQ are coming with me.

I'm happy to go solo but if anyone is interested in joining me for some or all of the trip, pls let me know.

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    What? No one wants to hit the trail during a little storm? I mean so what if they're calling it the storm of the century...meh!

LoL, just re-read the forecast bit above, so yeah...they really had that one figured out...

At my wife's request *GULP*, I'll be staying home. Oh well, I guess there's always next time.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    And here I was wondering how the Superfly would do in such conditions! JK
    Glad you'll be safe and I'm sure your wife appreciates it.

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I was actually going to bring the Tadpole, that way I'd have a better view of the trees falling down around me.

• + New Posts