Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    She needs a trailname! If you're 2Tall maybe she could be JustRight ????
    If I were to come home and tell Smurfette that 2Tall's gal is "JustRight", I'd come up missing like SilvrSurfr.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    If I were to come home and tell Smurfette that 2Tall's gal is "JustRight", I'd come up missing like SilvrSurfr.
    KAWABUNGA!

What a picture!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Awesome turn out!!! Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing all the pictures. Wish I could have been there, will definitely plan for the spring hang, maybe by then i will have the entire family in the trees!!!

And as for sponsoring Shug to come down, hell, i'm keeping my eye out for the next Minnesota hang. I have not been home since the Vikings made the playoffs to beat Dallas with Farve. (brother and i drove straight 19 hours to make that game). If I can drive straight to MN for football, I can do it just to learn some more from Shug.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

maybe one yr we can get up there.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Haha, oh no! Way too early for me to be causing trouble. Usually save that for after everyone's thought me tame. Good for radar slipping.

I like it. Think we'll have to kick it around for a while and test its legs.

(think I'm gonna be using these edit and delete buttons a lot til I get used to the forum)
    "For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous.
    Bricks to all greenhouses! Black thumb and cutworm to the potted plant!" - Edward Abbey

Hammock
    Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images

Thumbs up

All right:

For folks who just want to look at pictures, here is a link to 60 pictures I took throughout the hang: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...20Fall%202012/

(The pictures are in "Raw" format and can be downloaded and manipulated/cropped as desired.)

First I would like to thank Happy Camper and all of the other organizers and sponsors. Once again, the event "ran like a top" and everything was run in a first class fashion.

Next, it was great to see all of my friends from previous hangs! I was glad to see that most of us still are a little "wild and crazy," and that our enthusiasm for all things hammock remain undiminished.

I loved the fact that there were quite a few "Newbies" and "First Timers" present. As always, the "Old Timers" went out of there way to introduce themselves and made sure that the new folks were welcomed into our flock. I look forward to seeing all of the "Newbies" and "First Timers" at upcoming hammock hangs.

The "Parade of Homes" was outstanding! Congrats to everyone who participated. I have often said that there is more creativity among our members than in any other similarly sized organization. WV...what can I say, your creations are terminally unique and your workmanship is exquisite.

Thanks to everyone for making my (first-time hanger) nephew Gabe feel welcome and appreciated at the event. Given that this was Gabe's first time backpacking....especially with such a large group of people....he told me that he never met such a nice bunch of people in his 11 years of life.

Last of all: PapaSmurf: Your gift of a new hammock to Gabe was way above and beyond. Both Gabe and I both get tears in our eyes whenever we tell anyone about your great kindness! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Until next year....or the next hang!

Dang. I wish this was a lot closer to where I live. I have never heard of anything like this in Utah.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shuag View Post
    Dang. I wish this was a lot closer to where I live. I have never heard of anything like this in Utah.
    It was like Woodstock 1969, only it was the Autumn of Hammock Love 2012 - Three Days of Peace and Hammocks. Thankfully, we didn't get the mud.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shuag View Post
    It can happen there, too, when like-minded folks get together. You're the first.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast