WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    $500 check sent yesterday to South Mountain Recreation Area to be used specifically for Gathland State Park. Thanks to all the generous venders and hangers who donated raffle prizes and to all the hangers who so generously bought tickets. We made some awesome donations to the park, the trail and HF thanks to you all!

Here's the Group Picture! Thanks DAN !!
    Photo by Dan Innamorato / FotoProBono, LLC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 10-25-2012 at 15:45.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I wonder if, after getting the check, the park management will say that we are most welcome to return next fall.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Group picture!! See post # 1 or # 61 ! What a fine group of hangers.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Looks like a great time had by all. Makes me want to put on some miles driving east.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Waitin' on my new DH
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20*F Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksInDark View Post
    All right:

For folks who just want to look at pictures, here is a link to 60 pictures I took throughout the hang: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...20Fall%202012/

(The pictures are in "Raw" format and can be downloaded and manipulated/cropped as desired.)

First I would like to thank Happy Camper and all of the other organizers and sponsors. Once again, the event "ran like a top" and everything was run in a first class fashion.

Next, it was great to see all of my friends from previous hangs! I was glad to see that most of us still are a little "wild and crazy," and that our enthusiasm for all things hammock remain undiminished.

I loved the fact that there were quite a few "Newbies" and "First Timers" present. As always, the "Old Timers" went out of there way to introduce themselves and made sure that the new folks were welcomed into our flock. I look forward to seeing all of the "Newbies" and "First Timers" at upcoming hammock hangs.

The "Parade of Homes" was outstanding! Congrats to everyone who participated. I have often said that there is more creativity among our members than in any other similarly sized organization. WV...what can I say, your creations are terminally unique and your workmanship is exquisite.

Thanks to everyone for making my (first-time hanger) nephew Gabe feel welcome and appreciated at the event. Given that this was Gabe's first time backpacking....especially with such a large group of people....he told me that he never met such a nice bunch of people in his 11 years of life.

Last of all: PapaSmurf: Your gift of a new hammock to Gabe was way above and beyond. Both Gabe and I both get tears in our eyes whenever we tell anyone about your great kindness! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Until next year....or the next hang!

You and Gabe were awesome!! Thanks again for the cinnamon rolls!!!

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    I wonder if, after getting the check, the park management will say that we are most welcome to return next fall.
    I don' t think we should return if our numbers are this large. We really overwhelmed the facilities. Happy camper and the park ranger had a polite adult conversation about this. His points are well taken. I am excited to see what cool new location we will discover for next fall.
    Great photo....is this the largest hang in the country? Definitely one of the best!!!!
    Last edited by SoundMan; 10-25-2012 at 20:42.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.There's also a negative side"
    Hunter S. Thompson

Greg

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

So it was Gabe

who ate half my muffin! I'd fogotten his name---so cool WalksInDark brought him.
    Great group photo. Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Like SoundMan said, the park ranger was very nice but correctly pointed out that we are too big now. I expect a nice thank you note but no invitation to return as a camping group. We donated to the park as a thank you for all the great years we've been there. I'm excited to see where the Fall MAHHA ends up. Here is the new thread where anyone can suggest a location and where we will discuss the pros and cons of each. The final location will be decided by a vote.
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 10-26-2012 at 05:18.

Hammock
    Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images

You are welcome NikkiC.

Cinnamon rolls help to lesson the pain of having to leave a really enjoyable hang! (and the sugar rush helps jump start me to break down my camp...and get all my gear into my backpack so I am ready to hike out.)

Now if I could just come up with some food item which would help me unpack, sort, and store my gear....before the next hang.

Gath has been good to us and I am happy we were able to leave such a nice parting gift to them. Hopefully, we have left the positive impression that "Hammock Hangers" are nice people to have around.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    WalksInDark I second the cinnamon roll thanks! Gabe walked around till he found me and made sure one was left for me. He remembered me as he had asked me on the first day how I got my trail name and that I wanted a cinnamon roll when they were opened.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast