I took the plunge and bought a WBBB double 1.1 a month ago and then started the "how to keep warm saga".Of course even though I had read plenty about UQ"s and TQ's I had to try the bag and pad method and managed to stay warm in the 40s but found out first hand how much a pain it is to fight the whole mess in the middle of the night. 6 nights in my back yard and my wife and kids wondered if I was going to move out there permanently.
I took a deeper plunge and bought a HG 20degree quilt combo and spent the first night sleepless,because the Bottom quilt was too loose. this past weekend I spent 2 nights on a scout campout.I managed to tighten things up but still had some leakage fri night.
I move around a lot and am a side ,stomach sleeper and figured I was making a gap when I moved. So Sat I was looking at the bottom quilt and noticed the front and back have little baffles which go between the bungees.I thought to myself,"could it be inside out"?So I flopped it and spent a toasty night in the upper 30's.Even though it looks inside out is this correct? I figure HG must figure if I spent that much money I would know how to rig it.
I have seen most of Shugs videos but it still was not a no brainer for me.
It was very nice being able to relocate after realizing I was within earshot of 2 talkative scouts and a loud snoring parent.In 10 short min I was all by my lonesome In solitude. Any UQ rigging tips for a HG quilt would be appreciated.