DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    My system is Dutch Hook on one end, tarp attached with soft shackle prusiks to the 1.75 mm ridgeline, and a Dutch Tarp Flyz on the other end. It really doesn't get any easier than that: swing line around tree and attach Dutch hook to Zing-it, then go to other end and position Dutch Tarp Flyz appropriately then tighten. Finally, center tarp over hammock and between trees using soft shackle prusiks.
    REV: This is the exact same setup I use (I believe you saw it at Santee), and I agree it doesn't get any easier.

Hammock
    Byers mosq trav, tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Eno Hotspot, pluq
    Suspension
    huggers, Byers
    Though hardly an expert, I like the simplicity of running a line between two trees, then attaching the tarp to the line. Plenty of choices on how to connect the ends of the line to the trees, and it's easier to do when the tarp isn't attached yet. Connect the tarp above or below the line using prussiks/biners and adjust. Tie out guylines.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    neat idea, but you still have to move a side at a time, which im trying to eliminate.
    I understand. The thing is I like to have my set up as centred as possible. I figure I have to also hang my hammock so while attaching one side of the hammock, I can also tweak the tarp attachment while I'm on that tree.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I just recently joined the Dutch family with the addition of two Tarp Flyz to my kit. I got them in anticipation of some camping I was hoping to do on the AT near Damascus, but it didn't materialize. But I digress.

I have not used them in the field, but I liked the idea of having the Flyz on both ends of my continuous ridge line made from Zing-It. It seemed to have the most flexibility depending on how far apart the trees are and doing the "V" Dejoha suggests working around the hammock suspension. I use klemheist knots on either end of the tarp at the ridge line so I can slide and center accordingly. I use the black drawcord that DIY Gear Supply sells for those. It really grabs well with just a few wraps. It is expensive at .21 per yard, but that's how I roll.

I keep the ridge line attached to the tarp and use homemade snake skins for storage. I can center the tarp before I even unroll it if I wish that way.

Hammock
    HH Exp Deluxe / DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I recently picked up a hex tarp and have this same system for attaching to the trees. Do you leave the tarp attached to the RL or take it off each time? it seems to me that attaching it would make it easier to set up, but I have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    My system is Dutch Hook on one end, tarp attached with soft shackle prusiks to the 1.75 mm ridgeline, and a Dutch Tarp Flyz on the other end. It really doesn't get any easier than that: swing line around tree and attach Dutch hook to Zing-it, then go to other end and position Dutch Tarp Flyz appropriately then tighten. Finally, center tarp over hammock and between trees using soft shackle prusiks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12