I got home from work a little early today to be greeted by my newest acquisitions...two new GTULs

I couldn't resist running down to the basement and hanging it up to see what the deal was. After pulling down my HH Safari (drying out after last weekend's backpacking trip), I rigged it up with some ratchet straps and got in.

I now get why this can turn into a full blown addiction. My Safari is like the SUV of hammocks...but the GTUL is like a sports car. I definitely like them both, but for completely different reasons. And just like cool cars, you want to play with/own all of them...

My original plan was to put whoopies and a structural ridge line on it, but after lying in it for a bit I kind of dug the simple open air feeling of the whole thing. I've always felt somewhat encased by the Safari (probably due to the bug net and bottom entry), but the GTUL is the complete opposite. I may just set up some sort of non-structural ridge line, or just hang hang light gear/a bug net (if needed) from my tarp's ridge line and call it a day.

Anyone out there doing the same thing?

Oh, and as for the whoopies...the Amsteel is on its way as we speak. I'm going to use the straps from my Safari w/ some carabiners. Can't wait to splice those bad boys and get them installed!