Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I bought my wife the BMBH UL and she prefered it over a gathered end. I had tested out a few bridges as well as the BMBH UL and found that the BMBH UL was the least restrictive and had the least amount of shoulder squeeze compared to the others I had tried. My wife and I really like the BMBH UL and I considered mysel a convert and sold on bridges. Then the WBRR came out and loving my WBBB I just had to get one (for the wife of course). As soon as my wife laied in the RR for the first time she (as well as I) immideatly fell in love with it. I found no shoulder squeze (and I mean none and I am a husky boy) and loved how high up you felt like you laid. I thought their was no shoulder squeeze with the BMBH UL but compared to the WBRR the WBRR wins outs. And the flatness is just amazing. Anyways point being it may not be for everybody but I sure do love it. You could always buy one and sell the one that you find less comfortable
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    BajaHanger, let's do the math: you're 0 for 4 with bridge hammocks. Should you get another bridge hammock? Before you decide, what's your record with other types of hammocks?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    you have more than 50 post. buy it and if don't like it, I'm sure someone here will take off your hands.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    I've had the opposite problem - I've always loved bridges but couldn't get comfortable to save my life (or get more than a few min of sleep) in a gathered end, although I wanted badly for a gathered end to work out (because of the minimal weight).

I've now relegated myself to the fact that I can get some sleep only in a bridge, and the RR is the most comfortable one for me. I can easily put my arms above my head, side sleeping is super comfy, and there's room to move about. The design is genius. Like others have said, you should try it!
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I do like my Chrysalis and my DIY bridge, but don't get as comfortable as I do in the gathered end hammock. I think it is because I like to stretch my leg out and up on the side of the hammock, and I can't do that in a bridge. If I did, my leg would fall over the side or be against the bug net.
    When I am really tired, I can sleep in the bridge, but it just isn't as comfortable as the gathered end for me.
    WV, you are right, I have tried three and it isn't working for me, so I may just stick to gathered end hammocks.
    I will continue to use my Chrysalis and DIY and see how I fair with them.
    I think I will make my own gathered end hammock and sew saddle bags on it.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by bajahanger View Post
    i've been trying to talk myself into it, but my previous experience with bridges has me worried i won't like the wbrr....
    fwiw......
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    we do have a 60-day return policy, you'd just be out the shipping

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Thanks gmcttr.

I've only had a DIY gathered end hammock and now a new RR. If there is a better hammock than the RR I'd sure like to try that too. The RR has a very flat lay, excellent visibility out the sides, and no shoulder squeeze whatsoever. Beat that. Pretty tough to do. Could be lighter a la the Grizz bridge. Did I mention I like the RR?

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    the rr is a whole new experience for me .i have two gathered end hammocks ,the survivor,wbbb, and wbrr i weigh 220 and am 5 foot 11 and carry most of my weight in the shoulders and legs.the thing with gathered ends for me was where in the world was i going to put my legs,and boy my shoulders are cold.the ridge runner has no issues for me at all,in fact im thinking of calling my hammock nirvana.i dont get cold in it at all and confy is not the word to describe it fairly. the inner layer supports you somewhat like it feels to lay on a trampoline.the good thing with the u q is you dont compress it so no cold spots,and boy does it fit well.the saddle bags i wish were a lot deeper on sides and ends they will hold stuff but i bounced my glasses out of the head end.the saddle bags woke me up punching me in the sides in a high wind they seem to do this with nothing in them.the one on the end i wish was deep and made of netting to dry things in.there is a place to put your head that is made into the fabric its nice but so far i sleep lower in it.i wear a 46 coat and have no shoulder squeeze at all,and can sleep with my arms above my head hands uder it easily.if i scoot down toward the foot end more i can get a three forths fetal position going and the part of the hammock thats made to fit the small of your back will support your mid section quite nicely.i did wake up suddenly one day and in getting up quick and forgetting i wasnt in my bb i got dumped on my chin(who learns any faster than a guy with two legs in a hammock and his chin on the ground)this was due to hangers error and ive learned a better method. i hope that this is of some use to you all.dont fear the rr its an amazing hammock.it will fit under my 4sccc hammock gear tarp but the configuration is different to make room for the spreader bars,this leaves less wind block on the sides than with the bb.hope i didnt bore you too much ...happy hanging.
    Last edited by hairbear; 10-29-2012 at 19:08.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Thank you all for your comments. The WBRR looks like a really great hammock, but I still like to stretch my leg up on the side of the gathered end hammock and I can't do that with the bridge. I may change my mind later.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast