line suggestions for hitchcraft?

I've read too many pages about kayak support today. The math in one thread almost convinced me to go back to the tent!

I just got my first hammock last summer, and I was only able to use it a few times. But, it was enough to realize that I want an adjustable support system with as few knots as possible.

I really want to use the Hitchcraft Mini Ropetie with my HH Ultralight Backpacker. However, my stock ropes are 1/8” (3mm), and I've read that there are issues with using rope smaller than 4mm. That is, there is a danger of slippage with 1/8” rope. The specifications for the Ropetie are 250LB at 4mm, but only 150LB at 3mm.

So, what rope would you recommend to use with the Mini Ropetie? I was thinking about the Amsteel Blue, but I'm concerned that it is too “slick”? What size? 3/16, 1/4”?

Or, is it just too much trouble to switch out the HH line? Should I just order two SMC rings, connect them to the stock HH strap with a girth hitch and connect the stock 1/8” line to the rings with the garda hitch? I did not read about any problems with the garda hitch, but it is just scary looking!

Thanks!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakcamper View Post
    I've read too many pages about kayak support today. The math in one thread almost convinced me to go back to the tent!
    Do you mean hammock support?
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts