Hey guys. Other than spending a few nights in my friends ENO, I'm completely new to hammocking. So, after having the best sleep I have ever had, I had to have my own hammock. So, I just ordered an Explorer Deluxe Zip from Hennessy's odds and ends sale about a week ago. I would have liked to have switched the stock rain fly for the hex fly, but Hennessy said I couldn't if I was ordering from the sale. So, that brings me to my first question.

1. Did I make a mistake by getting the stock rain fly instead of upgrading to the Hex fly? I would like to have something that would keep me dry in pretty bad weather. Now, I'm probably not going to go out if I see a monsoon in the forecast, but I would like to be prepared in case nature turns against me.

2. What are some mods that I can do that would make my hammock lighter and more convenient? I'm hoping not to break the bank on this one. I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've heard a few things online about Whoopie Slings, but I don't know much about them.

3. How should I plan ahead on insulation? I'm probably only going to go down to about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so I don't need something excessive. I have spent a couple nights in that ENO with just my 20 degree sleeping bag and a 65 degree temperature outside. So, I don't get cold very easily. But I have heard that cold butt syndrome is not pleasant. Again, I'm not looking to unload a lot of money on this and I'm trying to keep it as lightweight as possible.

I hope you all can help me make the change from tenting to hammocking pretty smoothly. Thanks.