Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    Aus. army hootchie
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Images

Double HH Clone

Hi everyone. I've just registered after reading the various threads on design and construction of the HH clone.

I am in the process of gathering materials to create my own HH clone so I don't have to relinquish my ULBA every time my wife and I go hiking and I just thought I'd throw a question out there for the forum to chew on.

Has anyone considered the possibility of building a double Hennessy Hammock clone? By that I literally mean a version that will hold two people in comfort.

We have slept two in the HH ULBA once. It didn't break or anything, but it was far too cramped for comfort.

I have some ideas on building a double model, but it involves basically building TWO standard HH style hammocks and sewing them together side by side under one bug net. It may or may not work.

The other idea I had was to scale up the width of a HH and just go with that. I am not sure how it would work.

Anyone else ever tried to come up with a similar deal?

Cheers

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    HH markets the Safari as suitable for two people as long as the 350# limit is not exceeded. I have used a Safari and I wouldn't expect to sleep two in there in comfort or not. But I guess the answer to has it been done is yes. The answer to is it a good idea seems to depend largely on the couple. Someolne posted that they do so every night and posted a pic.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 11-29-2008 at 08:03. Reason: wouldn't is an important word...
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Most folks end up hanging two hammock from the same tree, or using the same foot tree and two different (but close together) head end trees. That's how I sleep with my son when we go together.

You can find pics and threads of people trying to find solutions for double hammocking with a quick forum search.

But be sure to post pics of what you decide to do!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts