WBBB 1.0DL,1.7, WBRR DL, BIAS Micro
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    40*HG PX, 20HG 10D
    Suspension
    WB straps, whoopie

Asym Tarp dimensions for custom tarp

What is the most optimal geometry for a asym diamond tarp.

Getting joe at zPacks to make me one:

Thinking out loud

RL: 138", long side 103", short side 72".

I think this might be the maximum aloud. As any help will do.

Thanks
    "you will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
    Winston Churchill

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH hex (heavy)
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    HH descender rings
    Images
    The first illustration on this page shows the layout of an asym diamond tarp. The point is to have no center seam, thereby saving a lot of more difficult sewing. SO it really depends on the width of the cloth you are using.

http://www.dream-hammock.com/diamond-asym-tarp/

Papasmurf has been making these since Adam was a lad, so take notice.

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Howd this pan out? Im looking for one in the 138"-144" range and looking for some feed back/advice on angle. Thought about taking Joe's diagram and extending the ridgeline 6" in both directions...then using his originall 66" and 103" points and drawing back to the new extended ridgeline points. Need to lay it out yet. Just brain storming. That way it will give just a tad more coverage at the sides where yoire most vulnerable. Look forward to what yall came up with!

Then Ill supplement with the usual...Rain jacket, kilt and pack cover....maybe one side shockcorded if I have to batten down...to ease my entry of my flying burrito.

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    2Tall, keep in mind that when you lengthen the ridge line it makes it a little tougher to get closer to your hammock. The problem is the hammocks suspension lines coming down at an angle. With mine which is a 132" ridge line it still gets interference with the hammock suspension when getting really close. If you look at the pic below, my hammock suspension (grey amsteel) is coming down and actually pushes up slightly on the tarp. In this particular setup I was in full storm mode. We had windy conditions with rain, I stayed dry and my BB hammock is under there. The tarp was tucked down very close to my hammock.

I just posted a mod I made to the tarp below. I just need to get outside and test it. I tested it the best I could in the house but really need to get outside and give it a try. I posted it over on my original thread to keep this one on track with size discussions. Click Link

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by BearChaser View Post
    2Tall, keep in mind that when you lengthen the ridge line it makes it a little tougher to get closer to your hammock. The problem is the hammocks suspension lines coming down at an angle. With mine which is a 132" ridge line it still gets interference with the hammock suspension when getting really close. If you look at the pic below, my hammock suspension (grey amsteel) is coming down and actually pushes up slightly on the tarp. In this particular setup I was in full storm mode. We had windy conditions with rain, I stayed dry and my BB hammock is under there. The tarp was tucked down very close to my hammock.

I just posted a mod I made to the tarp below. I just need to get outside and test it. I tested it the best I could in the house but really need to get outside and give it a try. I posted it over on my original thread to keep this one on track with size discussions. Click Link

Thanks for the advice BC. I considered that too... I have a solid supplement system for "Storm Mode" I believe...though I wont know until I try. Thats why I was leaning tword the 138" Rl for my DIY 11' (110" RL) hammock. Or maybe even a 140-142"???

The difference also is that there is more sag/distance from the 11' Hammock RL to the hammock so this adds to the exposure Id think.Kinda what you where saying about a yours. Im gonna play with the angles still yet to see what I can get.

• + New Posts