Hammock
    Blackbird
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Not trying to circumvent

Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    it really grinds my gears to see this. i understand people asking about the whole "why", but to try to circumvent the "trust" earned? gah.
    Not going against the trust concept. I was not sure if that as a function of the forum for some other reason. Like I stated upfront, the amount of knowledge found when searching the forums was so helpful as I started my hangin' journey I did not have a need to post all that much.

Due to kids and work I do not have the opportunity to read the forums frequently, again limiting my need to post.

Might be worth it not to make such assumptions with a "gah" on the end. I could end up being they guy coming across you in a time of need out in the wilderness. Number of posts doesn't have much to do with trust. After all, I'm a low posting ski patroller who volunteers his time. Hopefull the good folks twisting a knee don't ask how many times I've posted on a forum

All in good fun and thanks for the replies. I'll have to get to posting. I'm guessing a few people out here are going to want some 900 fill power goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    it really grinds my gears to see this. i understand people asking about the whole "why", but to try to circumvent the "trust" earned? gah.
    I'd have to agree with REV here on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by japaddler View Post
    {...}
    I'm guessing a few people out here are going to want some 900 fill power goodness.
    It's comments like this that define your 'character' online. It's postings and threads like this that folks are trying to "tune into" to see if they want to trust you.

This whole thread comes across as a crafty attempt to circumvent the post limitation in the marketplace. It's as if you're attempting to pique folks interest enough in what you might have so they contact you outside of the marketplace so you can sell them something that you're in need of getting rid of. That's not right, nor is it a positive way of building your online trustworthiness. One of the reasons of having a post limitation is to present enough opportunity for folks to see you in action, to see if they are comfortable with blindly giving money over to you in hopes that they get their package in the mail.

Maybe I'm reading too much into what you've posted, and maybe I'm way off in left field on this one - but seriously, why even start a thread like this unless you're attempting to do something miscevious? You've already mention that you don't post because all of your questions have already been answered. So, surely you've already found all the other post from folks asking "why?" - so, it only appears that you know 'why' and are attempting to do something other than re-ask why/how.

Either way all of your questions could have been anwered by sending a PM to one or all of the mods.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I have to second Rev and WetRivrRat, 50 posts is a nice starting point, to get an idea of whom you are dealing with. I broke one of the rules/suggestions for purchasing from this site. Im was not happy with the purchase, however it was my fault, because I did not do my research. Now I do the research, I look at whom I will be purchasing from, what their history is. I also see some gear go through three or more buyers on this site, what they paid and how the item was described.

I have found PayPal to be helpful in a dispute. I have not used PayPal to settle any disputes on this site, however, I have used it on E-Bay and with a vendor. I pay with my Visa Card which holds many tools to help if the need arises.

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Almost everyone uses paypal, but some people still buy with money orders. But it is up to the seller on how they want to get paid.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB camo SF
    Insulation
    yeti UQ, king TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    As a user whom reads way more than i post, I am still below 50 posts. I have purchased a few items from the for sale section but am still waiting around to get to 50 to list anything myself.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    As stated, the 50 post rule is designed to allow buyers to get to know you, but also for you to get to know us. We are a non-commercial site, and would not appreciate very much folks appearing simply to offload their latest deal. These types of policies have allowed us to build and be a part of quite a helpful community, within which you are very welcome.

The mission of the site is to discuss hammocks and hammock related gear, and the rest is "gravy".

There is no post limit to buy gear, as was stated earlier.

Welcome, and feel free to "post away" as much as you are able.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    ... and the rest is "gravy".
    "delicious" gravy.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    "delicious" gravy.
    I've never been much a fan of gravy, but this "gravy" me like
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    DIY, Dangerbird, Night Owl, Eno Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY and cuban
    Insulation
    HG and DIY
    Suspension
    whoopie and dutch
    Images
    mmmm, gravy

Images
    Thanks for this rule, it really cuts down on the riff-raff jumping on and just trying to sell stuff or worse rip off members.

Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast