Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Holy phantom fabrics batman! That is fantastic! Look forward to the long term report...hint hint.
    And it fit's into my utility belt ..

Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    I WANT ONE....

Its got me thinking...Ya my cuben hammock failed on me too...Winder if M90 would work for me, since I'm 220lbs.
    I want one too !!

This M50 has a MR ( Micro/Mini Ripstop) this in a double layer I think would .. and I say sub-200 .. the material might work .. the suspension no-way .. I really liked Sgt.Rocks Cuben .. but I think this is a much better material for a hammock application .. sleep in M50 MR .. cover it and pack it in Cuben

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    I need to hang in that super secret code decoder testing ground....
    Bring the yak .. mid-week it's a great spot .. weekends it can see a lot of boaters .. 6-8 could there easy .. dare I say .. it's a good ( if there is such a thing) tarp tent spot too . Thanks for letting use it...
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall View Post
    Sweet ride! Even Nicer location!!

Thats light man. Crazy where the its going. You sub 200's got 'er made. Looking forward to future reports. I cant get that low but I enjoy helping my gf get U.L. Its crazy. I struggle and sacrifice to get 14oz rig....she has a 11oz out of the gate. Now this!??? Keep up.the good work yall!

**I agree with MM. Its polite to share your sweet hang spots. :-)
    I think a fixed number for SUL is wrong .. it's should a number that's retaliative to body weight .. I'm 180 @ 5'10'' ..

With your height Ben, just to have the size for comfort, it's automatically going to be more .. I have 1.1 that weighs the same .. but it's 108''x48'' .. same size as a ghost .. M50 in that size would be less then a Cuben ..

The M50 has a few things going for it .. 1. Some stretch 2. The rip-stop 3. It's still breathable but very wind resistant 4. It's feels awesome to sleep on. 4. It packs down better then Cuben. 5. It's a very quiet fabric, even on the loose edges when it flapping.

It is scary to sit into .. every single time ..

Bring the yak ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Enjoyed your video review.
    If you are shooting for Super Ultra light why all the metal hardware?
    That isn't metal hardware .. shame on you .. That's Dutchware and some it titanium mind you ..

Thanks .. I did show it 8.2oz./231g., having hiked over a 1,000 miles this year alone .. I like the ease and efficiency of set-up and take-down (SU/TD) using Dutchware. I can use it with gloves on where I'm always pulling them (gloves) off to work a Prussic or knot system. With the whoopie hooks, (every hammock I have has them, other them my WBRR), I can SU/TD my hammock without it ever touching the ground, I can SU/TD under a tarp in the rain, or I can detach one end and hang it out of the way under a tarp in the rain.

Even in my 5LB. SUL pack, I use Dutchware, just use Flyz & hooks ..

So it's just my personal choice to use it, if I was unethical I would make some 2.2\ 7/64'' huggers/whoopies in an all-in-one and have a sub 6 oz. set-up.

One thing shaving oz.'s/g.'s does for me personally, is allows me to carry more food, water, comfort items, while still having a low base weight and reduce pack volume.

Hope that's answers your question. Thanks again.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

'The M50 has a few things going for it .. 1. Some stretch 2. The rip-stop 3. It's still breathable but very wind resistant 4. It's feels awesome to sleep on. 4. It packs down better then Cuben. 5. It's a very quiet fabric, even on the loose edges when it flapping. '
    Wolf-that's a perfect synopsis for this material.
    Now when is the paddle-to-the-secret-spot-hang going to be?
    You know in Jan or February we need a break from the snow and ice

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    very nice. Now all I need to do is get dwon to the weight range that supports. ;-)

Medicine Man has a M50 double that I made for him. Nice. I do not remember the weights.

As far as weight of the M50 to the Ghost Hammock

You cannot compare weights of this hammock to the Ghost Hammock. I started with the 120 * 60 fabric. The Ghost Hammock was 110 by 48 or 50 if I remember. I can shave a .5 oz + by cutting it to the same size. I like the extra room of the STD size. It is a little shorter than normal because I trippled sewed the Channel. My gut feeling it needed that becasue of the thinness of the material.

I had ordered Dynaglide but it had not arrived before sending it to BlackWolf. I used two Continuous Loops for the suspension. I should be able to change that out and get the "naked" weight close to 4 oz. Anyway, as far as weight, It should be close to the Ghost Hammock when you directly compare sizes and the same suspension. From my test lie in the ghost, this one is much more comfortable. The ghost was like laying on a board.

Take Home MSG. I apperciate everyone's input. I am glad to see others testing this material. Raffnuke has completed his M50. Waiting to see pictures and video of that. I think one can get to a 4 oz below safely with this material as long as one is less than 180-200 pounds.

Neutron

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    My M50 11ft single layer hammock is extremely comfortable and light. I am waiting for a shipment of Dynaglide to arrive so that I can put Dynaglide whoopies on instead of the 7/64" whoopies that I have on it for a test suspension. Once I get the final suspension put on it, I will post a thread with the details of my hammock. As for the teaser, well, it is 11 ft, single layer M50, very light, and packs down to about a softball size package. As mentioned before, garbage bag is a very good description of how the material looks and acts, but it has a very soft feel to it. I have spent about 4-6 hours in my hammock so far, and there is no sign of wear or stretching yet, which is a good sign.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

as a great man has recently said FORWARD.
    There was at one time a 4 minute mile wall to circumvent.
    Before it is over we will levitate.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Medicine Man has a M50 double that I made for him. Nice. I do not remember the weights.

As far as weight of the M50 to the Ghost Hammock

You cannot compare weights of this hammock to the Ghost Hammock. I started with the 120 * 60 fabric. The Ghost Hammock was 110 by 48 or 50 if I remember. I can shave a .5 oz + by cutting it to the same size. I like the extra room of the STD size. It is a little shorter than normal because I trippled sewed the Channel. My gut feeling it needed that becasue of the thinness of the material.

I had ordered Dynaglide but it had not arrived before sending it to BlackWolf. I used two Continuous Loops for the suspension. I should be able to change that out and get the "naked" weight close to 4 oz. Anyway, as far as weight, It should be close to the Ghost Hammock when you directly compare sizes and the same suspension. From my test lie in the ghost, this one is much more comfortable. The ghost was like laying on a board.

Take Home MSG. I apperciate everyone's input. I am glad to see others testing this material. Raffnuke has completed his M50. Waiting to see pictures and video of that. I think one can get to a 4 oz below safely with this material as long as one is less than 180-200 pounds.

Neutron
    Thanks again Neutron .. The ghost is like my Nano in size .. for a person 5'8'' or under that size is OK .. the 114x57 M50 was very comfortable for me at 5'10''/180lbs. So yes a M50 would/can be lighter then a ghost .. I'd like a M50 at 11' with Knotty mods ..yes it would add weight .. but you have a very comfortable hammock at about 6oz.'s (body only), with all the sweet properties of the M50, wind stopping perhaps being my favorite combined with the low fabric weight/compactibility.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

with 2 Knotty mods

aren't you just adding the weight of two pieces of small diameter shock-cord?
    Can't be much weight.
    I was in a Wilderness Logic this afternoon and appreciated that mod for foot and head-you roched me into that at Ocala

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast