Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeKatfishn View Post
    What’s Up Hammock Forum Dudes,

I saw this thread a few months ago and thought it was an awesome but expensive idea. None the less, I keep the idea in my back pocket until I had the opportunity to bring it to life. It took me a long time but I finally got everything I needed and got it up.

I had moved to Arizona about 4 months ago and it took me about 3 months to get all the tools and the help to get this up and usable. But it is up and it is very sturdy!!!! SHOUT OUT TO HF member “dejoha” for the great diagram that I followed!!!!! I included pictures of the setup as well as the Hammock itself. It is one of my camping/hiking hammocks (Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7). But throughout the changing seasons here in Arizona, I will switch out to more appropriate hammocks. . ENJOY!!!!
    I don't know how I never thought of that... I'm bringing home the threader from work this weekend! As a gas fitter, I gotta say that is AWESOME.

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    What’s Up Hammock Forum Dudes,

I saw this thread a few months ago and thought it was an awesome but expensive idea. None the less, I keep the idea in my back pocket until I had the opportunity to bring it to life. It took me a long time but I finally got everything I needed and got it up.

I had moved to Arizona about 4 months ago and it took me about 3 months to get all the tools and the help to get this up and usable. But it is up and it is very sturdy!!!! SHOUT OUT TO HF member “dejoha” for the great diagram that I followed!!!!! I included pictures of the setup as well as the Hammock itself. It is one of my camping/hiking hammocks (Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7). But throughout the changing seasons here in Arizona, I will switch out to more appropriate hammocks. . ENJOY!!!!
    Just a quick update guys,

I though that the hang that I had was a little high for a short fellow like me. I guess the clue was when I had to use a step stool to get into the hammock. So I dropped down the hammock to a proper height and it seems to be much better. I was a little scared to do this in the beginning because I wasn't sure how well the tree Straps would hold onto the pipe. I included a couple of pics of the adjustment so you guys can have a looksee!!!! ENJOY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy

Hammock stand for inside the house, any recommendations?

Just a quick update guys,

I though that the hang that I had was a little high for a short fellow like me. I guess the clue was when I had to use a step stool to get into the hammock. So I dropped down the hammock to a proper height and it seems to be much better. I was a little scared to do this in the beginning because I wasn't sure how well the tree Straps would hold onto the pipe. I included a couple of pics of the adjustment so you guys can have a looksee!!!! ENJOY!!!
    Have you noticed any bending with the 1" pipe? I have been reading the blog on making this stand and noticed that he changed his from 1" to 1.5". He states that some of his friends have noticed problems with the 1".

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadiocre View Post
    Have you noticed any bending with the 1" pipe? I have been reading the blog on making this stand and noticed that he changed his from 1" to 1.5". He states that some of his friends have noticed problems with the 1".
    BENDS IN THE PIPE!!!!! I personally have noticed no bending in the pipe. If everything is nice and tight in the frame, you should not see bends at all. if you hand tight... well. Tighten that Pipe Wrench as far as it can go and you will be fine. I am also using Black Pipe IRON instead of Galvanized Steel.
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    I am also using Black Pipe IRON instead of Galvanized Steel.
    Okay now I feel dumb I failed to notice they were talking about Galvanized Steel.

Meh

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12