BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    UGQ 3/4 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

WB Travel Net Modification

So I have a Warbonnet Outdoors Travel Net which I purchased to use with my ENO Doublenest. I like it quite a bit, when I'm stretched out it gives quite a bit of space in the hammock and it doesn't feel claustrophobic at all. My only concern is that the net hangs quite far down below the hammock. It hangs to the point where at times it's sitting on the ground. Now, I've been to places in a tent where I wake up in the morning and spiders are pretty well covering the netting, so I would like to minimize the the chances of something crawling up the bug netting by shortening it.

So, has anyone done this and does it affect the nets performance/fit when switching to a longer hammock? I would probably just cut the bottom eight to twelve inches off and leave it straight across.

Images
    that extra fabric is so you can lay on the diagonal, when the hammock is empty there's lots of excess under it, but once your head and feet start pushing on the fabric by laying diagonal, alot of that is taken up, i also had to account for the thickness of an underquilt, it needs to hang below that.

some people who are shorter, don't use a quilt etc might have more fabric than they need so you could possibly reduce it some, but keep in mind if there's enough fabric there so the netting hangs appropriately below you in use, when you get out of the hammock and the hammock is now empty, the netting will drop downward quite a bit... you want to make sure there's still enough fabric for when the hammock is occupied and that sometimes means it will touch the ground when empty

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    UGQ 3/4 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Ok, thanks for the response. With the height that I like to set my hammock to, the net is still sweeping the ground even when I'm spread out. I'll leave the net the way it is, I guess, at least until I get an underquilt and see what kind of room I actually need in it.

• + New Posts