Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    HH Explorer asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    We may have visited the same vendor as this also happened to me this week. The response to you was very wrong, but don't sweat on it as you know 'you did the right'
    So you are already 1 up on the vendor who could be counting higher losses than a few dollars, with that attitude it could be a few customers!

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    What vendor is it, so I can purchase some items lol

Some people just don't know how to say thank you so some times you have to just smile and know you did the right thing and that can be thanks all in of it own. They should have given you the 2$ deal as thanks.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    BWDD
    Insulation
    UGQ/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ET
    I had this happen when purchasing my first car way back when I was 18. My father wanted me to learn responsibility so he had me read my entire contract and I noticed that my payments were wrong. I had a balloon payment on the end (young and broke), so may payments were listed as 5 at $189 and 1 at $3k-something. It should have been 59 payments at $189. Yep I should have let it go, but I was nervous about it being my first car and all. So I ask and the dealer actually was shocked and happy I asked, so what did the do for me noticing their mistake.... free floormats :-). Either way, I felt I did the right thing. So to make it more appropriate, my car had a faulty weld on the floor and the first snow/slush storm, the floor was soaked. I brought it in and they took care of it no issues and cleaned and took care of everything. I still feel somehow they could of made it my fault, but because of correcting the payments karma was on my side.

But you did the right thing by notifying them and you can sleep easy knowing that and by probably reading this thread they will learn of their shortcomings.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I guess I'm jaded on this one. For 35 years I lived with as part of a in-law family whose sole purpose for doing _anything_ was to be thanked. If the thank you note did not arrive within days of gift (must be hand written and mailed, no emails allowed) then no gift would be given on the next occasion. If the thank you was not effusive enough insult was taken. I always wondered why the "thank you" was more important than the deed. I'm not trying to project here. It would have been nice to have a cordial acknowledgement. But I've seen it go the other way too much to let things like this bug me.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I think part of the problem is dealing with a chain of command and sometimes with people badly forced to "do their jobs" to the point of not wanting to help the organization.

I've given up long ago trying to report errors on corporate websites. They try to hide from customers for the most part, unless money flowing (one-way, THEIR way) is involved. Sometimes the response from whomever answers the phone or the email borders on "why are you bothering us" and "spend your time educating me and convincing me I should bother tracking down the right person in the organization for you."

I still report map and guidebook errors to the ATC from time to time. I never get to talk to the actual cartographers, who probably have an actual understanding of what I'm saying about maps, along with a HIGH interest in getting things right because they take pride in their work, and in addition have a simple love of maps.

Customer service in the days of phone-trees, one-size-fits-all web sites, extreme division of labor for illusory "efficiency," and not looking at customer service as a profit-generator, leave a lot to be desired.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Don't let the little things steal the joy of your life. You did right, let it go.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Don't let the little things steal the joy of your life. You did right, let it go.
    Agreed, we only have control over how we react to life, not life itself.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Excellent advice, Grannypat!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123